Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Can't load PMDG 737 NGX after loading Aerosoft Airbus X

Hi,I have a problem. Since the 4th August I own the PMDG 737NGX and until now I didn't have any problem.Now for the first time since I got the NGX I wanted to make a traffic pattern with Aerosoft's Airbus X again. After I did this I wanted to load the NGX again, but since I flew the Airbus X my flightsim will always crash when I try to load the NGX.I have been flying many other small planes during the whole time period since I got the NGX and I can still load any other aircraft I want to. So this must be an Airbus X/737NGX specific problem. Please fix this as soon as possible so that I can fly my NGX again!RegardsEmi

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

Maybe try reinstalling either the NGX or Airbus X? Not sure if that would fix the problem at all but I would try that first if nothing else helps.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Just restart the sim between patterns. This has been the story for a long time with FSX because it practically has a seizure when you load a complex addon from another complex addon (i.e., as opposed to loading NGX from the default cessna, for example).

You should know better than mixing an Airbus and a Boeing, somthing is bound to go wrong wink.png -Travis

Just restart the sim between patterns. This has been the story for a long time with FSX because it practically has a seizure when you load a complex addon from another complex addon (i.e., as opposed to loading NGX from the default cessna, for example).
This is correct - do NOT load the NGX over top of other aircraft, you're asking for trouble due to the way FSX works internally, there's variables and stuff that can't be reset. Even loading one NGX over another can cause problems (ie switching liveries).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,I have a problem. Since the 4th August I own the PMDG 737NGX and until now I didn't have any problem. Now for the first time since I got the NGX I wanted to make a traffic pattern with Aerosoft's Airbus X again. After I did this I wanted to load the NGX again, but since I flew the Airbus X my flightsim will always crash when I try to load the NGX.I have been flying many other small planes during the whole time period since I got the NGX and I can still load any other aircraft I want to. So this must be an Airbus X/737NGX specific problem. Please fix this as soon as possible so that I can fly my NGX again! RegardsEmi
Fix what exactly ?... Restart your sim before loading an aircraft.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Just curious, when you say "restart the sim", do you mean just "End Flight" and go to the welcome window, or do you mean completely shut down FSX and restart from scratch? I have been just using "End Flight" to the welcome window and selecting a new aircraft, it seems to work ok.

You're not the only one, I've had this problem before. Also when for example doing some traffic patterns with an aircraft, and after that suddenly a flight with the MD-11, I always get a crash (most of the time on final approach).If you load your flight and aircraft right away, it should all be alright.

Just curious, when you say "restart the sim", do you mean just "End Flight" and go to the welcome window, or do you mean completely shut down FSX and restart from scratch? I have been just using "End Flight" to the welcome window and selecting a new aircraft, it seems to work ok.
Close to the desktop, and restart FSX. It will take a few minutes longer than loading directly from the Airbus, but will ensure a fresh start for your NGX.

There is an intrinsic known problem with the Airbus X, which has nothing to do with the NGX. Crashing on startup, if the correct startup protocols are not followed and dropping out of the sim to desktop after exiting. Not everyone experiences this but enough people for it to be a known bug to the owners and developers of the aircraft wink.png

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

You may also wish to ensure you fsx dll.xml file is still formatted correctly. The first or second install could have messed it up a little. There is an excellent description via the PMDG front (sales) page. Best of luck!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

good advice from someone who actually is flying A320. dont even think about flying this/calling that aerosoft thing an airbus. its far from being that.

I had the same problem too, and I solved it following this simple steps: Uninstall Airbus XUninstall NGXInstall NGX againForget Airbus X (I love Airbus, but up to date there is no good simulation of this great aircraft. Airbus X is very pleasing to the eye, but it doesn't offers much more than it has by default FSX, and many performance and stability problems too. Perhaps if they go on with the announced new version (Airbus X Professional, i think)... It's frustrating for many Airbus lovers such me, but is the reality.)

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius