Sign in to follow this  

Hello, I don't know if something like this has been done in the forums before but maybe it would be a good way for others to find out if their CPU is running normally if someone else puts their's up. The idea came to me after I saw a Bulldozer 8 core at 5GHz score less than my 4 core 2500k at 4.8GHz. If anyone thinks we should use a different benchmarking software, please let me no. So here is how I think it should be set out: Eg: i5 2500k @ 4.8GHz 1.365VNo turbo boostScore=7.57 Really just your CPU, speed and everything that is important to performance and your score. And yes, that is mine.

Guest jahman

For Cinebench to give an accurate score for FSX, wouldn't you have to turn off al CPU cores except one (since additional cores are dedicated to scenery loading only and scenery loading is nolonger a bottleneck)? Perhaps you could stretch to 2 cores to allow for OS processing needs. Cheers, - jahman.

For Cinebench to give an accurate score for FSX, wouldn't you have to turn off al CPU cores except one (since additional cores are dedicated to scenery loading only and scenery loading is nolonger a bottleneck)? Perhaps you could stretch to 2 cores to allow for OS processing needs. Cheers, - jahman.
Then you can use the single benchmarking mode. smile.png I´ll do it and report back. All right, did it just some seconds ago with CPU at 4.2 GHz/1.36V: CPU score: 6.58, single core: 1.70 at 4.6 GHz/1.35V: CPU score: 7.21, single core: 1.85 (Btw. it shows that my new CPU has twice the speed as my old Q8300) I know the volts have to be fine tuned but I´m just too lazy (and to busy with flying) to get my up to 4.6 as I was used to before my PSU upgrade.

Guest jahman

Keep going, it would be interesting to see what kind of relationship (linear, curve, exponential) as you increase the clock. Then you could predict your performance index given a particular clock. I'd help out, alas I don't have the hardware. Cheers, - jahman.

4.5GHz@ 1.33v7.07HT off

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Its not really what effect it has for FSX, its just for people to get an idea of how their overclock is compared to others with identical CPUs.Be nice to see some AMD scores.

Guest jahman

The absolute score probably isn't an ideal predictor, but the relative score (% increase) might translate fairly accurately to % increase in FPS, so you can better gauge whether those extra MHz are worth your trouble (and risk to the CPU due to higher voltage and temperature). Cheers, - jahman.

Interesting; 4.3GHz Turbo Max CPU 4.3GHz all rest optimized default CB score 8.28

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.