Sign in to follow this  
Peter James

performance (PC related) breakdown over time

Anyone else notice that over an hour or more the NGX performance (framerates etc) slowly decrease to about half of what they were in the beginning over a longer flight? I am trying to track this down and it's happening to me whether I use *******' latest or the default fsx.cfg

Never have seen that here. I'm using pretty much a default config. No major tweaks.The only time I ever saw massively decreased frame rates was when doing a TO/GAwith hotfix 3 I think it was. I'm not seeing that with hotfix4.

Anyone else notice that over an hour or more the NGX performance (framerates etc) slowly decrease to about half of what they were in the beginning over a longer flight? I am trying to track this down and it's happening to me whether I use *******' latest or the default fsx.cfg
Maybe it's your graphics card that gets too hot? Check your temps before and after an hour.

i have found that having a high CPU temp towards the landing would give me bad frames . It seems for my I7 that about 65c is the max temp for best constant frames performance. /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I'm thinking possibly an addon is leaking, slowly draining your resources. What do you have installed besides the ngx?

Hi, I've noticed the same thing. My frame rates reduce to about half after just a few minutes. This has just started to happen recently. I've flown the MD-11 for comparison & have had no reduction so I think it has to be the NGX, not addons. My NGX is now basically unflyable so it is in storage until SP1. Lon Duncombe

Most likely something using memory and not releasing it so the swap file starts taking a huge hit. Or your CPU is overheating and throttling back to allow it to cool. Check your BIOS and see what the temps are set at.

temps are fine... hitting 90C or so when running the NGX - 78 or so for normal FSX airplanes ... for what I have read a powerful gaming notebook i7 is allowed to run up to 100C before any cpu throttling occurs

90-100C ??? dang.. That's hotter than a firecracker compared to the tempsI usually run on my AMD CPU.. Could that actually be normal? That's scorchinghot to my way of thinking, and would normally cause a CPU slowdown.When I'm running the sim, if I hit 60c, I consider that getting pretty warm.I'm sitting here now at this site, with it playing Xfinity TV on another browser page,and I'm running 53C..I would look hard at those temps, and possible CPU slowdowns.People may say they are normal, but I'm not totally convinced.. You wouldprobably need more i7 users to chime in..Like I say, I'm running an AMD.. "Phenom 2 quad core at 3.5 ghz most ofthe time". So my temps may not be totally valid vs a i7..

temps are fine... hitting 90C or so when running the NGX - 78 or so for normal FSX airplanes ... for what I have read a powerful gaming notebook i7 is allowed to run up to 100C before any cpu throttling occurs
Me I would consider that hot. Mine runs at 60 max. 90 to 100 degrees is where the CPU starts throttling back to control temps. The temps go up and down quickly so you may not see them going over and if the CPU has slowed down the temps will go down so you will not see it over. I can have mine running at 60 degrees and turn off whatever is running and with a second or two the temps are back to 30 - 40 degrees.

Hi Mr. James I can say that your I7 is literally "frying."Probably is having cooling problems in notes is common to obstruction of cooling channels.House dust, feathers mainly clothes and wool blankets are the cause.Sometimes the accumulation is such that I talk to my clients "you have a red blanket" and they ask how I know that, so I take the fragments show them.This happens more frequently in notebooks, but also in desktop PCs.I use a Phenom II X6, desktop, and hardly the temperature reaches 60C, and ambient temperature in the mid-west region of Brazil is very high, when under 20C are feeling cold, here is the nomal 32C.One of the symptoms is increased noise of the fans, trying to cool the components. João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos