Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX SP1 && PMDG 737-600/700 Release Schedule

Captains- While I had hoped we would release both the SP1 and the 6700 to you tonight, we are unfortunately a bit behind schedule as a result of an unruly travel schedule on my end... The day after my last update to you, I went on the road for what was supposed to be a 2 day trip to inspect an airplane, but turned into a week as a result of a family emergency. This put me significantly behind the curve on my cleanup items for the SP1 and the 6700, so the rest of the team has been mostly finished while I continue to play catch up. While most of you know us primarily through our posts or replies to support tickets, each of us at PMDG has a family, parents, children, spouses, etc- and any time one of the members of the team has a family "issue" come up, I am always eager to remind them to worry about their family first and PMDG second. (As a chief pilot I took a significant amount of criticism from senior management for having this kind of view, but I never once found a guy/gal who would abuse it, so it is an approach we take at PMDG as well.) One of the guys gave me a blunt, but polite reminder of this policy when I expressed concern about being out of circulation as a result of unexpected surgery my father was scheduled to have but he was correct: I was needed someplace else. So- right now we are running about a week behind where we thought we would be. Tomorrow we are kicking what we expect to be the final SP1 and 600/700 beta versions out to the beta team- and then we'll be looking at release dates HOPEFULLY toward the end of the coming week... (20OCT or so...<Standard Disclaimer Applies>) We are still working a few important items, but none that I anticipate will hold us up for release. (Famous last words! whoops!) This weekend I will update this post with a list of items that we have currently corrected in SP1. It is around 150+ specific items and another 50 or so that are non-specific fixes. (I'll explain what I mean by that in the update.) So stay tuned to this thread during the weekend and I'll add a bunch of information to this post! Sorry for the additional holdup, everyone.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Looking forward to this, not flown it yet as been too busy but will be when the update is applied!

Robert, your realistic and sensible approach to the problems you was having and being able to explain to all of us is first class. Thank you for taking the time to keep everyone up to date as this is the quality of service that makes PMDG the leading flight simulator supplier and we are all fortunate to appreciate your products.Thank you once again.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Family always come first! I am glad to hear of your priorities! SP1 and 737-700 delayed for a week is not the end of the world. Our family is our world! Take care and I wish your father a speedy recovery!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks for the update RSR. I hope your father has a quick recovery. Keep up the great work. looking forward to your update(s) throughout the weekend. William Coade

Robert! off course family and such comes as a priority no 1. Would be peculiar otherwise, so I fully agree with you.I will wait another week, no big deal.Thanks for update./ Leffe

Robert, thank you very much for your info update, and for share with us your worry. You simply could say nothing about it, and release SP1 when finished, so this gives us a nice idea about you as human be. My best wishes to you and your father, we will be here waiting for news, and specially hoping that your father's health will be improving. Cheers from Spain.

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius

Reading this thread you realise that some people are truly pathetic.Thanks for the update, it is appreciated and personally I would rather have a date that slips rather than no date at all. Not sure if the idiots feel the same way.G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Let's all keep life in perspective here folks. I love flight sim as much as the next guy but also let's stay in touch with reality. FS is not reality. At the end of a long flight with one of PMDG's great products what do you really have to show for it? Not much beyond the satisfaction that you've completed a simulated flight as realistically as possible. There's a lot more to life than worrying about when the next update or product is going to be released. Go and enjoy your family. Life is too short. You'll regret it if you don't. Mark

Mark Adams, KPWM

Robert I hope your dad is ok now. Take your time with him and your family. Kind regards Schmid