Sign in to follow this  
mhking

How to use wxr

Hello I saw many videos on youtube that they have weather radar but theres no tutorial how to turn it on can someone tell me from where I turn it on? Thank you

NGX don't have wx radar simulated ... The reason? FSX limitations, it can't be simulated with fidelity to real life. The videos you watched, shows the Terrain on ND.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Yep, what You see in the videos is the GPWS Terrain Radar. No weather radar actually on the NGX.
The EGPWS terrain display is not a radar system. It uses a terrain height database.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

BUT if you want to turn Terrain on, just press the TERR button on the panel left of the MCP (EFIS panel, I think)

Yes but that is not part of the NGX. That is a radar from another company aircraft/product that someone has added to it. Not looked into this myself but as it does not really work properly i wont bother.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

The EGPWS terrain display is not a radar system. It uses a terrain height database. Kevin Hall
Sorry, I know they are different smile.png I just intended to say the Terrain Radar is part of the "terrain warning system". Anyway I have the CS wx radar, and as a lot of users said previously, it's almost an eye candy feature. It's not so "predictive" about rain or turbulence due to the stupid FSX weather management. Maybe an useful wx radar could be made by HiFi, connected strictly with ASE and relying only on the parsed data it receives from ASE itself. This way it can literally "bypass" the faulty FSX weather engine. I'm dreaming........

Sorry, I know they are different smile.png I just intended to say the Terrain Radar is part of the "terrain warning system". Anyway I have the CS wx radar, and as a lot of users said previously, it's almost an eye candy feature. It's not so "predictive" about rain or turbulence due to the stupid FSX weather management. Maybe an useful wx radar could be made by HiFi, connected strictly with ASE and relying only on the parsed data it receives from ASE itself. This way it can literally "bypass" the faulty FSX weather engine. I'm dreaming........
So why refer to it as Terrain Radar?As for FSX weather, it's not so much stupid as practical. There would be no value in wasting a lot of computer resources in simulating weather down to individual cloud level.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

So why refer to it as Terrain Radar?As for FSX weather, it's not so much stupid as practical. There would be no value in wasting a lot of computer resources in simulating weather down to individual cloud level.Kevin Hall
It shouldn't be referred as Terrain Radar. It's mistakenly named as a radar because it has a re-draw sweep. I still remember the first time I got in a flight deck and pushed TERR. I asked my instructor how come we can activate this radar, but not the radar while parked at the gate. My instructor answered briefly that the EGPWS is not radar. It just uses a re-draw sweep engine to display the terrain data. So yeah... it's a mistake almost all of us make.

...after laying dormant for nearly four years....

Alright...now like the guy asked.... how do you turn it on NOW???  :P

Rodney E. Jacobs

...after laying dormant for nearly four years....

Alright...now like the guy asked.... how do you turn it on NOW???  :P

Press the WX button on the EFIS Control Panel (where you adjust the pressure and mins).

Kyle Rodgers

Press the WX button on the EFIS Control Panel (where you adjust the pressure and mins).

Kyle, I'm probably just showing my stupidity here but what more actions do I have to take to get the weather radar actually showing something, besides having ASN installed and pressing the weather radar button on the efis (and of course having precipitation in the area.....)? Do I have to add some path to some directory somewhere or activate a settingin ASN or the PMDG CDU? Do I need to have a flight plan active in ASN or is the loaded flight plan in PMDG 737NGX (and 777) propagated to ASN?

It actually took me quite a while to realize I have a weather button on the EFIS , so I really don't feel like the sharpest tool in the box right now... Of course I might simply have been testing in areas without precipation, but I haven't seen the faintest radar echo yet... 

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------