Sign in to follow this  
joe blocky

HOW MANY USE TRACKIR 5?

with so much being said about the virtual cockpit, does the track IR 5 work well with the ngx?? other wise it would pain to naviagate around the virtual cockpit, pressing buttons and trying to zoom in! and with that i take every botton and switch works in the virtual cockpit? Joe Broadman

It works about as well as any other aircraft,Once you use it, you never go back, although if you use the hat fitting, every time you start FSX, you have to press F12 to resetthe view,but I can't see ever going back to hat switch again.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I bought TRACKIR 5 recently and together with the proggie EZDOK .....what can I say about it: it`s perfect:) I put the different views switch on my G11 keyboard to the G keysnice stuff and supports a bit the "as reals as it gets" feelding...Cheers Andreas

Andreas Riecken

Aspire AX3300, Vista 64 bit, 925 quad core 2,8 Ghz, 8GB RAM DDR3, 1TB HDD, ATI Radeon HD4650 graphic with 1024 RAM

FSX acc, Microsoft Force feedback joystick, unregistered fsuipc, some scenerie addons, TRACKIR 5, EZDOK,

TrackIR 5 + EZDok 1.17 = Marriage made in the Flightsim Heaven. "What therefore the Great PC up there has joined together, Let no PC put asunder"

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

I have ezca, but haven't reinstalled it so it's just tir5 for me.

TrackIR 5 + EZDok 1.17 here as well. When you go TrackIR you never go back! Well at least not me ;) lol

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Yeah ! TrackIR together with EZCA, thats the best !The different EZCA views on the HAT, and you really feel a little bit more real.

I'm a recent PMDG & TrackIR customer and here are my impressions so far:

• Going back to joystick hat-view is painful. I've gone TrackIR-less a view times and it's like part of my body is missing because I can't look around naturally. (although I wear progressive lenses and things get out-of-focus easily when I turn my head. Time for a pair of computer glasses - it's hell to get old).
  • I use the "Seth - Flight" profile which helps counter my head drift and jitter while trying to click a small target (like Alt Intv on the other side of the MCP).
  • I sometimes have to reset the view with F12 to adjust my view up and down. If I've been looking up at the overhead I find that I can't look down as far before the view locks. So if I know I'll be looking down, I first look up slightly and hit F12. That resets the view to center and then I can look down and around with ease. And I do the converse for up.
  • During pre-flight I toggle to the overhead view with A (3 times) and look around and zoom in from the between-the-seats-view, rather than try to do it from the captain or FO seat view. Just easier for my bad eyes.
  • When I do look up from seat view I sometimes switch to FO view to access the right side of the panel, especially the higher (aft) switches.
  • I only have the passive (reflective) hat clip. During the day I have to place a 5x7 box behind my chair to keep the light from the window behind me from blinding the camera. (not direct sunlight either; just daylight) I don't know if the TrackClip Pro with active LED's would help but I don't use a headset, so I don't now how that would work out. I'd also like to know if the active LED's provide better head range before loss-of-signal.
  • Great. Based on the other comments, now I have to check out EZCA. If I keep this binge up my wife will try to collect on my life insurance soon.

Larry

i9-9900k@5.0 HT, Maximus XI Code, 16GB TridentZ @ 4000, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hydro, ekwb EK-KIT P360 water, 4K@30, W10 Pro, P3D v5.0

I have the Track IR4 and rarely used it. Then recently I read about EZDok and finally gave it a go. Never looked back, I now run the TIR5 software on my TIR4 using the Seph Profile and EZDok 1.17. I now use the TIR4 all the time and couldn`t imagine life without it and EZDok, So much so and feeling that comfortable with my peaked sports cap on with TIR4 T piece on it I very nearly wore it to the local shop and back but just caught it in time as I went to step out the door and quickly swapped it for my normal peaked cap with no TIR 4 T piece on. As if that wasn`t bad enough I picked up the Wii remote to continue a phone call with my son, only realising when I put it to my ear. D`oh! Steve

I bought TRACKIR 5 recently and together with the proggie EZDOK .....what can I say about it: it`s perfect:) nice stuff and supports a bit the "as reals as it gets" feelding...Cheers Andreas
+1 Ed van de Vijver

I bought TRACKIR 5 recently and together with the proggie EZDOK .....what can I say about it: it`s perfect:) I put the different views switch on my G11 keyboard to the G keysnice stuff and supports a bit the "as reals as it gets" feelding...Cheers Andreas
Yeah ! TrackIR together with EZCA, thats the best !The different EZCA views on the HAT, and you really feel a little bit more real.
I have the Track IR4 and rarely used it. Then recently I read about EZDok and finally gave it a go. Never looked back, I now run the TIR5 software on my TIR4 using the Seph Profile and EZDok 1.17. I now use the TIR4 all the time and couldn`t imagine life without it and EZDok, <snip>Steve
Hi guys, does it mean that TRACKIR doesn't really make it without EZDOK? I always thought that it could live alone. Confused.gif

Regards,
Axel

Question? with TrackIR if you lookright around at say the wing tip through the left side window, how could you see the image on the screen with your head turned?..james

Question? with TrackIR if you lookright around at say the wing tip through the left side window, how could you see the image on the screen with your head turned?..james
You can adjust the panning speed so that 45 degrees of head movement = 90 degrees panning, or 30 deg head movement, or possibly even less. EDIT: I generally use a faster rate for GA aircraft. 45 deg movement in the Cessna has me looking back toward the tail. In big stuff like the NGX it's set a lot slower. All I care about seeing are the panels & side windows so those are pretty close to my limits of movement.

You can adjust the panning speed so that 45 degrees of head movement = 90 degrees panning, or 30 deg head movement, or possibly even less.
Thanks kenneth, why not just use the space bar held down and mouse to zoom in and out and around..Whilst i am always looking ahead at the screen?james.