Sign in to follow this  
jfv

Early descent, grrrr

I was doing a flight KSJC - KSAN, the real commercial flights for this have a cruise altitudeof anywhere from FL370 to FL410, the route is: SJC9 MOONY AVE FIM LAX BAYVU1 The problem I have is by the time the flight makes about FL370, which is around FIM thecontroller will already tell me to descend!! This is like 250 miles out!! I am in a PMDGNGX, and top of descent isn't even close. In this day and age, with the costs of fuel, you KNOW that controllers are not doing this.I can just ignore it, or descend VERY slowly but it defeats the reason for using the thingin the first place :) I also am unable to get to FL410 because of the slowness of clearances. Any solution to this?

Jack F. Vogel, Delta Virtual Airlines

Jack, Contact Tegwyn at VOXATC. He's working on a solution for this.

NAX669.png