Sign in to follow this  
joe blocky

GoFlight GF-TQ6 throttle with NGX

I Have been reading online that there may be problems getting the flaps and spoilers on the GF-TQ6 throttle quad to work with NGX....anyone experiance this?? is it not just a matter of downloading the go flight config update ?? or using fsx assignments? any help would be most helpful as dont wont to folk out a lot money for somthing thats going to give me headaces! regards Mr Joe Broadman

I think part of the problem people are having may be assigning axes through fsuipc. I still don't have any of my hardware connected due to lack of a desk (still haven't finished that dining table if anyone remembers) so I haven't done any hardware assignments since installing the ngx

I have Goflight TQ6 and I use it with FSX with every air plane that I fly including PMDG and I have no problems. You need to use goflight software to assign what you need. I have tried to calibrate and assign using fsuipc but that gave me more problems.

I have Goflight TQ6 and I use it with FSX with every air plane that I fly including PMDG and I have no problems. You need to use goflight software to assign what you need. I have tried to calibrate and assign using fsuipc but that gave me more problems.
that include the NGX? the goflight software is that one which you download from their website ??is it in this link ? and which one ? http://www.goflightinc.com/software.shtml many thanks Joe Broadman

This is my recommendation- I use the TQ-6 as well. About two months back (right after the NGX release) I was losing my mind about a "nose down climb" issue. The plane was actually climbing at a well underpowered rate and with a negative nose attitude. I discovered that the source of that issue was the method I was using to assign my flaps axis through FSUIPC. I ended up doing it entirely through FSUIPC and not at all programming it via the FSX menu. This being said, I recommend that you use ONLY FSUIPC menus to calibrate TQ-6 things, as that seems to work the best. (The throttle and speedbrake are OK through the FSX menu IN MY EXPERIENCE, every computer is different). If you have weird issues no one else is having, make sure you play with FSUIPC/TQ-6 settings, as it is likely the cause. As for the GoFlight software, I found that it didn't work all that well, and it didn't really offer much customization. You are better off forgeting it, as the throttle still works beautifully work out it. I just set one throttle handle to both engines but use both for the feel, as they aren't perfectly synced on mine (that's what I get for buying from eBay).

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

I did use FSUIPC for throttles but how would you configure the reverse thrust in FSUIPC doing so will make my thrust go to idle every time the engine levers touches the reverse button on the upper end. Thanks . Evan Banalian.

that include the NGX? the goflight software is that one which you download from their website ??is it in this link ? and which one ? http://www.goflighti.../software.shtml many thanks Joe Broadman
yes the software on the web site is what I use now.

I did use FSUIPC for throttles but how would you configure the reverse thrust in FSUIPC doing so will make my thrust go to idle every time the engine levers touches the reverse button on the upper end. Thanks . Evan Banalian. yes the software on the web site is what I use now.
and the go flight software works with the NGX? and is that what you use?