Sign in to follow this  
MS_FLIGHT

FAQ changed

Notice how they removed the FAQ about the Aces and stuff and now has fewer FAQ but a newer one which is Are the screenshots and webisodes shown on this site taken from in-game?

All screenshots published on this site, as well as all webisodes starting with webisode 3, are captured in-game.

Notice how they removed the FAQ about the Aces and stuff and now has fewer FAQ but a newer one which is Are the screenshots and webisodes shown on this site taken from in-game?
All screenshots published on this site, as well as all webisodes starting with webisode 3, are captured in-game.
That's pretty strange; "webisode" 2 looks like in-game to me-
I am seriously eager to get to the bottom of this nonsense...
Why can't MS make more sense???
At least that fact will put down a [small] rumor.

It probably is in the game for the most part, but what they most likely mean is that there were some enhancements to the first and second video as opposed to it being purely the sim alone, probably the doppler sound as the Stearman flies past your viewpoint and a few other little touches like that. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Also remember in-game means no more than in-game at the time of preparing the screenshots. There may well be additions and subtractions before the game is finally released.

From the newly revised FAQ I note the following (emphasis mine):

The new "Microsoft Flight" retains the full fidelity simulation longtime fans have come to expect while offering all players a whole new look and feel, a wide range of new game play and challenges, persistent experiences and social connectivity.
OMG! They put the word "simulation" back in!!! LMAO.gif I note especially this statement (again, emphasis mine):
The addition of Games for Windows - LIVE creates an ubiquitous virtual world of flight that offers easy and engaging access to the magic of flight for all.
Apparently the world doesn't begin and end with Hawaii after all... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It probably is in the game for the most part, but what they most likely mean is that there were some enhancements to the first and second video as opposed to it being purely the sim alone, probably the doppler sound as the Stearman flies past your viewpoint and a few other little touches like that. Al
True... Well... Let's hope that the sound system is improved over FSX's 1925 sound engine. LOL

Apparently the world doesn't begin and end with Hawaii after all... :)
Unless the 'ubiquitous virtual world of Flight' they are referring to, is the one where everyone from all over the world can connect to an MS shop via the worldwide web and buy extra parts of the the world for their sim. LOL Al

Alan Bradbury

Unless the 'ubiquitous virtual world of Flight' they are referring to, is the one where everyone from all over the world can connect to an MS shop via the worldwide web and buy extra parts of the the world for their sim. LOL Al
I hope not... But, if ORBX is countering the entire globe, THEN I would not have a problem buying my regions for 10-15 bucks...

The Microsoft FAQ states "Content is updated virtually." which could mean that scenery beyond Hawaii is a virtual update.

The Microsoft FAQ states "Content is updated virtually." which could mean that scenery beyond Hawaii is a virtual update.
or "purchased virtually"...dry.png

Some time later... flightunlimited.jpg Al

Alan Bradbury

You guys are great at accidentally starting rumors. LMAO.gif Wonder if there's a job available for that...Thinking.gif

Brandon Filer

That's not a rumour, it's a suggestion LOL.gif If they use it, I want royalties Devil.gif Al

Alan Bradbury

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.