Sign in to follow this  
Flaps30

Panel Display Corrupts in Cessna 182-RG

Can someone please help? I just bought the Cessna 182-RG and every time I fly it, the panel gauges or radio stack split and double up, and corrupt the display. It seems like duplicate gauges are trying to display along with the original. This is the best I can describe it. When I first open the plane file everything is fine. It seems that after I change a few windows is when it goes corrupt. The work around I have found is to exit Full Screen and when I return to Full Screen, the panel corrects itself until it does it again. Although this seems to be the fix, it is quite annoying and frustrating and interrupts the flight. Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?? Here are two pictures: Thanks, Tom

It seems that after I change a few windows is when it goes corrupt.
What windows did you change and what were you trying to accomplish?

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Hi Flaps30!I had the same problem in my configuration and it drove me nuts!I don´t know if it is your case but I have a Nvidia graphics card GTX 285 and had the 275.33 drivers installed, now after rolling back to the solid 270.61 I do not have any of these corrupt displays anymore!So I believe it is a driver related probelm. Hope it is your case too! If you have a ATI card, maybe try do roll back to a known good driver too! Hypnotized.gif

Thanks for the help, guys. Actually, I also have a GTX-275 1792 mb card. My driver is version 8.17.127533.Since posting my problem I have done a little more experimenting. So far, I have had no problem with the panel in the Blue and White plane. That had been the only one I flew since I bought the plane about two weeks ago. The problem started with the Red and White configuration. When I realized this, I reloaded and flew the Blue and White and again, there were no problems with the panel. I then tried the Red and White last night and sure enough, the panel went corrupt again. So far it seems to be only with the Red and White panel. I have not tried the Brown and White nor the other Blue and White ones yet.As far as thinking it was related to changing windows, it isn't. After flying a while with only the VC view all of a sudden there is a single line through the fuel gauges, and one through the autopilot face. Then a little while later the whole radio stack goes. I have only had the " double half" gauges (my first picture} happen once. Thanks. Tom

Hi Flaps30! ....My driver is version 8.17.127533... Here you are ... Dirver version 275.33 inside the vendor´s driver package. I would try out the original nvidia 270.61 report as rock solid on many other FSX communities or the driver of your graphic cards vendor and look in their driver archive... then it should be gone.It also didn´t happen too often on my side but I got crazy when that happened, especially with some more performance demanding aircrafts like the Cessna Mustang or Citation X 2.0 or when running higher demanding scenery addons.

Thanks for your help, Andy.I will go to the NVIDIA site and look for that 270.61 driver. Other than the graphics problem we both had does FSX run smoothly with the 270.61? It amazes me that these companies are always "improving" and updating their drivers but they seem to cause more problems in the end. I'll let you know how I make out. Regards, Tom

Thanks for your help, Andy.I will go to the NVIDIA site and look for that 270.61 driver. Other than the graphics problem we both had does FSX run smoothly with the 270.61? It amazes me that these companies are always "improving" and updating their drivers but they seem to cause more problems in the end. I'll let you know how I make out. Regards, Tom
Hello,as you know I also used that 275.33 driver before and rolled back to 270.61 I see no performance drop in FSX on my side, using Win7 Professional 64bit. I personally believe that the driver version up of the 270.61 are now special for the "new" gtx 560ti and above Nvidia cards and "old" 200-Series user like the two of us do not have that BIG use of these drivers anymore anyway... just a clue?! Would be interesting to know if these display corruptions show up on newer cards like 400er or 500er nvidia series with a driver never than 270.61 !

Since the corruption happens with only a few repaints, I highly doubt it to be driver related. Otherwise all liveries would have had the problem. But who knows. Weirder things have happened. Then again I still would suggest a reinstall of the aircraft.

Cheers, Bert

Hi guys,Thanks again for your advice. It looks like the 270.61 did the trick! I installed it and took the red plane up for about a 20 minute flight and there were no problems! Panel images seemed a little crisper also. I will do anotler test flight but so far so good. Regards, Tom

Weird indeed Hypnotized.gif Glad you got it solved!

Cheers, Bert