Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Parking brake wont set

I can't set the parking brake - ctrl . moves the parking brake lever to the on position but it releases almost immediately. The same thing happens if I attempt to set the parking brakes by moving the lever in the VC. My pedals have been calibrated in the CH control manager (not in FSUIPC) there are no conflicts in FS settings controls and chocks have been removed. Parking brake works normally with other aircraft. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

As far as I remember, on my sim I'm able to set brakes also with chocks (lever remains in on position and ligt on)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

As far as I remember, on my sim I'm able to set brakes also with chocks (lever remains in on position and ligt on)
Well I think graphically they can show but if you are looking at the redtext with the chocks you will not see the redtext when you have the chocks armed.

immaginepuz.jpg Not for me, with parking brakes unset I still have "parking brake set" message from FSX untill I remove chocks.This from the first release.Maybe a bug for few user related configuration or default flight loading?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I think you could try to start and spool engines if you don't have the message, to see if the plane moves with chocks applied.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I made a report on this because I was having the same problem. If I even looked at my CH pedals funny the parking brake would disengage. What I was told is that it is an issue with the CH pedals and how they interact with FSX. To give CH pedals users additional but not full functionality they would have to remove about half of the advanced features of the brakes in the NGX. I purchased a set of Saitek pedals and no longer have the problem. I've also had issues with the potentiometers on the Ch pedals lifting out of their seats and not returning to the stop when the brakes are released, which caused problems with a lot of planes, so I could justify to myself getting the Saiteks but that is a lot of money to spend just to get the parking brake to work.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I had null zones set which did affect the actual brakes but the parking brake would disengage immediately if I touched the pedals and well before there was any indication the actual brakes were being applied.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

If you remove the Chocks and put the Parking Brake on and the red FSX Brake Text does not stay steady and disappears it means your brakes are gone.

If you have the chocks on then thats why.
The chocks were removed as I stated in my original post - distressing if the only solution is to throw away the CH pedals and spend hundreds of dollars on Saitek pedals! Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I figured out last night - the second time this has happened in as many weeks, with the NGX loaded with the default cold-n-dark profile at the gate, and only chocks set, that if I slew the aircraft, even only a few feet to better align it with the jetway position, the parking brake would not set. With the chocks removed and up on APU power and hydrolics, I still could not get the parking brake to stay on. Yes, the pedals were calibrated and indicating correctly with my joystick toe-brakes actions (no conflict). What I found - even though I have the NGX failures set to "Never". I still had a brake failure (1 active). Clear that failure in the CDU and all was well. It would seem that if you slew the aircraft (perhaps only with chocks in place) the brake failure becomes active - even with no failure allowed. I hope this is fixed in SP1.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I figured out last night - the second time this has happened in as many weeks, with the NGX loaded with the default cold-n-dark profile at the gate, and only chocks set, that if I slew the aircraft, even only a few feet to better align it with the jetway position, the parking brake would not set. With the chocks removed and up on APU power and hydrolics, I still could not get the parking brake to stay on. Yes, the pedals were calibrated and indicating correctly with my joystick toe-brakes actions (no conflict). What I found - even though I have the NGX failures set to "Never". I still had a brake failure (1 active). Clear that failure in the CDU and all was well. It would seem that if you slew the aircraft (perhaps only with chocks in place) the brake failure becomes active - even with no failure allowed.
I been saying this for a couple weeks now. Do not move the aircraft with the CHOCKS on for any Reason. If you have to move your aircraft then have the ground crew remove the chocks first. If you ignore this and move the aircraft anywhere with the chocks on the brakes will fail and it doesnt matter if you have Failures enabled or not.