Sign in to follow this  
mark22

Some basic guidelines to using REX please would be appreciated!

So I ended up recently buying REX and installing the overdrive texture set as well. Although I have not had much time to experiment with it yet, there are a few nagging issues that I would like some basic help on. Firstly, I have read through the instructions and tried to use my common sense first before making this post. As of yet, I don't seem to be seeing the results when I load REX, everytime I start the weather is clear blue sky and does not seem to change, do I have to make any changes first in the settings in FS9 before I fly? Also, when I click on the 'Fly now' button once the weather has been loaded, it does not always start up automatically, it seems to be a bit hit and miss. This can be very frustrating when it takes such a long time for all the data and textures to be loaded into FS9 then it doesn't even start up, and yes, my disc is in the PC before anyone asks! All I want is for the moment is to load the real weather conditions into FS9 at my chosen airport and see the results when I fly, but it seems to be causing me a lot of hassle and a lot of wasted time. Can anyone give me some basic starting points as to where I am going wrong please, as I have been dying to see the results that REX can offer. Thanks!

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Packard Bell imedia S3210. AMD Athlon II X 3 425 Processor 2.70 GHz. 3 GB RAM. External hard drive 1TB. FS9.1, Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain Europe, REX, Zinertek's Ultimate Water Advanced & Ultimate Night Environment 2010, WOAI, MAIW, AES, ODG Project.

HelloI am new to REX-overdrive myselfAssumptions are made, like you are on-line for live weather, and Options are checked and saved.( don,t open this page again because it unsaves itself) Config manager with the autosubmits checked and saved.( again, don,t open this page again because it unsaves itself) Textures theme has been uploaded to Flightsim.(6/7 minutes)I just want to fly:Check realtime weather and submit departure and destination points. ( you have to decide where you fancy going). OK.Route textures are uploaded to FS, the weather engine and FS auto loads, takes 7/8 minutes.Choose your aircraft and make a flightplan for the chosen route. Enjoy.You can check the TAFs for the dep/arr by checking weather and submitting codes (eg EGCC)You can also make the flightplan textures from the Flightplan page if you prefer, however, I prefer to leave this page alone. Although the same effect is created.Hope this helpsJohn

Thanks for your reply and help, however, when I load all the info in and FS starts (something which only happens every now and again), the weather avoidance tool just seems to hang and does nothing. It says Loading Station: CYDC and shows the bar as 0% but it does not do any more, all I did as an example was to do a test flight around the UK from Manchester to Norwich, not exactly round the world! When FS did start up from Manchester, the sky was clear blue, possibly it really was but I think at the time it was partly cloudy and some light rain. I am wondering if I have to alter anything in the weather conditions on the main FS options page, or does this not make any difference? Should the weather conditions in FS be set as real time? Then again, if it is then how do I know for sure if the weather being installed is from FS's weather or REX's weather engine?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Packard Bell imedia S3210. AMD Athlon II X 3 425 Processor 2.70 GHz. 3 GB RAM. External hard drive 1TB. FS9.1, Ground Environment, Ultimate Terrain Europe, REX, Zinertek's Ultimate Water Advanced & Ultimate Night Environment 2010, WOAI, MAIW, AES, ODG Project.

Can anyone else give me some more help please as I am still having problems actually seeing the real weather conditions, all I see is blue sky wherever I am, even if I am flying for a good hour the weather does not change so there is obviously something that I am not doing right. Do I have to select a departure to and from airport to see the weather change, surely I can just start from an airport and fly anywhere in the world and the weather engine will load the real time weather as I fly along? I try clicking on the weather tab and selecting an airport, installing the weather and fly from there but it does not make any difference. I still don't understand why the weather avoidance tool does not load properly as described above, why is it trying to load stations that are not applicable to where I am flying? It does not make sense to me! If anyone else can shed some light on this then please feel free! Thanks