Sign in to follow this  
Ourgas2

Usual flap setting for landing?

Hi all,It surely must have been coverted but:What is the usual flap setting for landing? 30 or 40?In real world? Thanks,Christos

Usually 30 for most airports. More than that would be for short runways, steep approaches or other unusual circumstances. It's not worth using flaps forty on an approach to a runway that does not require it; you'll use more fuel with a higher flap setting (and make a lot more noise too), because you need more thrust to overcome the drag. It is also not recommended when there is a wind gradient, since it adds to the inertia you'll need to overcome if the airspeed drops, which is risky because of the uneven linear spool-up range of the CFM-56. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

This isn't the right thread but Al...your sigs are brilliant. LOL.gif We need a thread with all those great pics...haha

I'd prefer to have that switch rather than a radar in the next SP, just so I could watch the AoA video explanation of it LOL.gif I can see it now... Welcome to NGX Lesson 20: Attacking an exhaust port in large heavily defended trench on a space station, with particular attention to whether to turn off your HGS attack computer and pretending you are bagging womp rats back home in Beggar's Canyon. Al

Alan Bradbury

Just in case us FSNs aren't nerdy enough, Star Wars references! LOL.gif
The Force is strong in this one... Which reminds me, when will there be an FMC database update? I can't seem to find Alderaan in it for some reason... Al

Alan Bradbury

does the flaps and spoilers on the ngx run 'through' fsx or are they disablebled and oporate totally independant from fsx a bit like pmdg 747 on fs9???i dont to have difficuites using a throttle quad! Mr Joe Broadman

I presume they work via fsx, or at least that's the way it seems because the default commands will operate them. Al

Alan Bradbury

The Force is strong in this one... Which reminds me, when will there be an FMC database update? I can't seem to find Alderaan in it for some reason... Al
It is updated. Alderaan was deleted from the database after "A New Hope".

Aah, that'll be why then, I was using Episode FMC U10.7, revision 2: Return of the LNAV Al

Alan Bradbury

Princess Leia: PMDG, only you could be so bold. Imperial Airlines will not sit still for this. When they hear you've removed an initial approach fix from my database... Darth Vader: Don't act so surprised, Your Highness. You weren't on any manual descent profile this time. Several transmissions were beamed to this ship by ILS. I want to know what happened to the approach plates they sent you. Leia: I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of Imperial Airlines on a chartered holiday flight from Malaga... Darth Vader: You are a part of a low cost airline that doesn't have a full suite of avionics and a traitor! Take her away! Daine Jir: Holding over this NDB using CWS is dangerous. If word of this gets out, it could generate sympathy people who don't use the FMC properly... Darth Vader: I have traced the approach plates to her. Now she is my only link to finding their secret runway. Daine Jir: She'll die before she'll give you a clearance. Darth Vader: Leave that to me. Send a distress signal, put the transponder on 7500, and inform the Senate that all on board were in cheap seats that don't recline fully... Nahdonnis Praji: Lord Vader, the approach plates are not aboard this ship, and no transmissions were made. A cheap holiday souvenir stuffed donkey was jettisoned during the fighting. No life forms were on board. Darth Vader: She must have hidden the approach plates in the stuffed donkey. Send a detachment down to retrieve them; see to it personally, Commander. There'll be no one to stop us this time! Al

Alan Bradbury

Darth Vader: She must have hidden the approach plates in the stuffed donkey. Send a detachment down to retrieve them; see to it personally, Commander. There'll be no one to stop us this time! Al
HAHA!! My brain is waaay too dirty for this forum. Just thought up at least a dozen rejoinders that would get me instantly banned if I had the nerve to post one...

Well I was going to make a joke about the plans being up the ''&@($*'', but decided not to. It's best left to the imagination. Anyway, back on topic, flaps thirty. Al

Alan Bradbury