Sign in to follow this  
Honus

"Selection Details" change, but WX scenery does not

A curious observation. As I fly from KSLC to KATL, the wx outside never changes, but the ASG "Selection details" change dramatically. The wx reporting stations report changes in the wx along the route but I don't see much change. Just light bluish haze with a pollution ring on the horizon. I'm using the 'wx influenced' graphic setup which I have set to 'auto submit' so that is working fine. No changes outside though.

The weather is depends on the conditions and the weather add-on. This is completely independent of graphics. If you're using auto-submit for both full sky theme and cirrus then your cirrus textures can update throughout the flight. These are the only textures that can be updated while FSX is open. While the selection details may update, only cirrus actually updates in sim (if you've chosen it to).

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

ASE? I'm using AS 6.5 with FS9. I did notice that all along the route, the entry in the 'decoded' box in AS kept saying 'no clouds' no precip but I knew there was. I want it to where anything that can update, will do so along the route. So I have ASG auto-submit using 'WX influenced for both the full sky theme and the cirrus. I also have 'force sky' ASG clicked. I restored the 'options' defaults and now it works more like it should. I wonder if I had clicked something that suppressed the clouds and precip. Maybe I should just leave the default settings?

I'm really not sure what it is that you are having trouble with, I'll leave it to other users of this forum to try and help out... But I highly suggest providing more concise and helpful details including what specifically you are having trouble with or trying to achieve.

Damian Clark

I was flying from KSLC - KATL using "Wx influenced" autosubmit. All along the route, the WX never changed, though the ASG said the graphics were changing. Nothing changed outside. The "decoded" box kept saying 'no clouds, no precip'. After to re-set the AS6 'options' to "default", it now works fine and the wx changes from city to city. I have only one question: Is there anything in the 'options' default settings that you recommend changing that doesn't mess up how the program reads and changes the wx. Or should I just leave it alone?

Unless you are familiar with what each setting does, via a good read of the manual and perhaps searching this forum if you still have questions, default would be the best bet... especially if it's giving you results you're happy with.

Damian Clark