Sign in to follow this  
Skystream172

Warning about A2A Simulations gift certificates!

I bought a $50 gift certificate from A2A Simulations to give my father as a birthday present on 10/1. They charged my credit card for the $50 and gave me an invoice in my email inbox but that's it. There are no instructions on the email on how to redeem the gift certificate and I received no other emails in my inbox and nothing in the mailbox. I have now emailed A2A Simulations a total of 3 times since 10/1 (the most recent email was this morning) but have heard nothing from them. This is a warning to unsuspecting customers... Don't buy their gift certificates! I have purchased their Spitfire with AccuSim addon without any issues. I am only having an issue with the separate gift certificate purchase. I will update back here if and when they resolve my issue. (EDIT): Issue is now resolved. Followed the directions in the FAQ on their site.

Did you read their FAQ?http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=gv_faq I find it hard to believe the guys from A2A will not give you support.Did you check your spam folder?Did you try their support forum? http://a2asimulations.com/forum/index.php A "don't buy their gift certificates!" statement is kind a harsh: they have like the best support ever!

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

Ya I trust those guys, they have to much "good" going for them in this community to be screwing people around. Maybe there was an emergency with one of the staff and they are unaware of your issue.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks for this, I had not realized there were instructions for gift certificates in their FAQ. They really need to include those directions on the actual product page. It would really help eleviate such an obvious problem!

if you have a problem go to the party and sort it out. Even though when we dont always see eye to eye, A2A are in my opinion one of "the" best. Dont go around bashing a developer on other sites if you have not even tried their support first. and even if you tried their support still not reason enough bashing them on other forums. Apart from everything, they absolutely rock FSX world and I will always recommend them (even when we have some differences of opinion - Nobody can keep everybody happy - fact of life). But 1 thing for sure is that you would have been answered promtly - even if you might not have liked the answer. As another fellow has said.. A2A got way tooo much going for them to take anybody for a ride.

If you had actually read my post you will see that I did contact support three times over the past 2 weeks and they did not initially respond. You said "But 1 thing for sure is that you would have been answered promptly..." But that is exactly what did not happen, even after multiple attempts. I was not bashing anybody, I was warning people that there might be a problem with their gift certificate process (at least I was having a problem). This turned out to be not the case. How was I supposed to know that the instructions for gift certificate handling would be on the FAQ page? Most companies email you the details with the invoice. A2A does not. They did finally contact me today (after this post) and the issue is now resolved. I suggested they they post the gift certificate instructions directly on the gift certificate product pages on their website which would have completely eliminated this issue in the first place. They agreed and are going to do that. I do like A2A Simulations very much (and have spent $100 there in the past couple of weeks). They apologized for dropping the ball by not responding to my emails and they have since made it right. I am satisfied with the outcome.

toooo bad you only posted on the A2A forums today. if you did post the question the same time you send the second email, you would have had your answer long ago, as other users would have been too glad to help like Lenny above and you would have no frustrations. Pity you only posted today on the A2A forum.. and as you see it was promptly handled on the A2A forum. emails do get lost.. forum entries "stand" for everybody to see and I have never seen a forum entry not being promptly addressed at A2A.

I would change this topic to............*****WARNING******* A2A AIRCRAFT ARE HIGHLY ADDICTIVE************ Big Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Guest jahman
toooo bad you only posted on the A2A forums today. if you did post the question the same time you send the second email, you would have had your answer long ago, as other users would have been too glad to help like Lenny above and you would have no frustrations. Pity you only posted today on the A2A forum.. and as you see it was promptly handled on the A2A forum. emails do get lost.. forum entries "stand" for everybody to see and I have never seen a forum entry not being promptly addressed at A2A.
+1! Most companies these days reply faster to forum postings than individual emails. Cheers, - jahman.

You act like I am somehow at fault here because I didn't post a thread to begin with. Really? One wouldn't think it would be necessary to post a thread at all. Not answering your email as akin to not answering the phone or not calling you back when you've left them a voicemail. It shouldn't have to be done with a forum posting. Just saying.

Guys, he had every right to complain. If I buy a product from a company and cannot contact them, I get very upset. This email was forwarded to me and I was late in getting back to him. Scott.

Guest jahman
You act like I am somehow at fault here because I didn't post a thread to begin with. Really? One wouldn't think it would be necessary to post a thread at all. Not answering your email as akin to not answering the phone or not calling you back when you've left them a voicemail. It shouldn't have to be done with a forum posting. Just saying.
If you are a business and publish your email on the web (you have to!), the amount of spam in your inbox can be huge. So that's the reason you often get a quicker response via a forum post (It's a lot easier to keep spam out of a forum). Note that while you are free to chose how you contact a company, the issue is really more about you posting a public complaint in flightsim's very public forum with the obective of alerting others (as opposed to asking for help) when you really should have tried the forum route first. Cheers, - jahman.

It has already been said, but I would seriously get the facts straight before lashing out at a respected developer on another forum.Having said that, I understand the frustration.

It has already been said, but I would seriously get the facts straight before lashing out at a respected developer on another forum. Having said that, I understand the frustration.
Enough with the nonsense reprimanding, he's allowed to post his comments/complaints.

Danny