Sign in to follow this  
franciscomv

Problem with fuel

I have a problem: when the fuel in the center tank is finished, the engines go shut down, in spite of having full the tanks 1 and 2 and the four pumps in on.what I am making bad? Thanks in advance, Francisco Mateos

Well you're not supposed to totally empty the center tank, you shut its pumps off at 1000lbs. Or kgs. Not sure which but either way it shouldn't be empty. Also look at the failures in the FMC

I always let my Center tank go to zero. I get a Master Caution 'Fuel' error, shut down the main tank pumps, and continue on my flight. My engines don't shut down, and I don't believe they should, that would be ridiculous. Please provide screen shots, as Andrea suggested.

Well you're not supposed to totally empty the center tank, you shut its pumps off at 1000lbs. Or kgs. Not sure which but either way it shouldn't be empty. Also look at the failures in the FMC
More the tank is drained and better is for preventing vapours (or maintaining fully filled but is not good for aircraft logic), the reason to never try to reach 0 with pumps is that low pressure on the pumps begins few hundreds of kilograms before reaching 0. A pump in low pressure is subject to overheat and can lead to a fire condition.This is the main reason that when the pumps are in low pressure, you must turn them off.The tank will be then drained by the fuel scavenge system when fuel on the wing is less thn about 1900kgs, the system will transfer about 200kgs of fuel in an hour if left fwd pump (left wing) is on.However pmdg does not reproduce low pressure linked to low fuel quantity, the low pressure comes on only with tank fully empty.And, te fuel scavenge is not correctly siimulated and in some user error conditions (like with fuel on ctr tank while wings are getting empty) will cause a dangerous unbalance after only 10 minutes of fuel scavenge usage.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

I don't know about the engine flameouts but you have some nasty polygon spikes there. Your graphics card might be getting too hot and die soon!

or maybe it's a wrong installation that causes both problems. try to reinstall and try hot fix 4

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Well you're not supposed to totally empty the center tank, you shut its pumps off at 1000lbs.
I always let my Center tank go to zero. I get a Master Caution 'Fuel' error, shut down the main tank pumps, and continue on my flight. My engines don't shut down, and I don't believe they should, that would be ridiculous.
More the tank is drained and better is for preventing vapours (or maintaining fully filled but is not good for aircraft logic), the reason to never try to reach 0 with pumps is that low pressure on the pumps begins few hundreds of kilograms before reaching 0. A pump in low pressure is subject to overheat and can lead to a fire condition.This is the main reason that when the pumps are in low pressure, you must turn them off.
There are three methods of compliance with this issue. The standard is to turn off the center tank pumps at 1000lbs.

Matt Cee

The issue with the center tank can be handled a couple ways, depending on the specific aircraft (aircraft after a certain line production number have a system to prevent the fire issue) 1) Shut off the pumps at 1,000 LBS to prevent fire in unmodified aircraft.2) If flying a modified aircraft, let it go to 0 because the pumps actually shut themselves off (IIRC) Again, there was a modification RW. Certain aircraft have it, certain ones don't. As with everything, some airlines will also have different SOPs regardless and may say to stop them at 1,000 even if the aircraft has the mod. edit: Ok, the modification is an inerting system. See below for more info: http://www.b737.org.uk/fuel.htm#Centre_Fuel_Tank_Inerting

Steve Caffey