Sign in to follow this  
Can Acar

Setting up a computer, i need your advise.

Hi guys, since my computer is getting a little bit old, i have started getting opinions from my friends for my new computer. It's gonna be of course a simulation computer and I have budget up to ~$1000 nearly.So, I'm thinking of 2 CPU's, they're:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (3.3 GHz) 9MBand Intel i7 2600k 3,4 GHzAnd I'm actually not good at this things, so I need your advises. What graphic card and CPU should I buy?Does AMD or Intel work better on FSX? I'll be using NGX, REX, FSX together and this should be a very strong computer.Thanks a lot!

Hi guys, since my computer is getting a little bit old, i have started getting opinions from my friends for my new computer. It's gonna be of course a simulation computer and I have budget up to ~$1000 nearly. So, I'm thinking of 2 CPU's, they're:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (3.3 GHz) 9MBand Intel i7 2600k 3,4 GHz And I'm actually not good at this things, so I need your advises. What graphic card and CPU should I buy? Does AMD or Intel work better on FSX? I'll be using NGX, REX, FSX together and this should be a very strong computer. Thanks a lot!
Personally AMD are built to last and they can take more of a wack.. i'e Temps.... but that is purley my opinion as i have one lol

Hi guys, since my computer is getting a little bit old, i have started getting opinions from my friends for my new computer. It's gonna be of course a simulation computer and I have budget up to ~$1000 nearly. So, I'm thinking of 2 CPU's, they're:AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (3.3 GHz) 9MBand Intel i7 2600k 3,4 GHz And I'm actually not good at this things, so I need your advises. What graphic card and CPU should I buy? Does AMD or Intel work better on FSX? I'll be using NGX, REX, FSX together and this should be a very strong computer. Thanks a lot!
I have that 1100T on an Asus 990 FX Sabertooth mobo with 8gig ram and the 560Ti ... I notice most folks on here use Intel, so I decided to be different. I am getting 3.7GHz stable ... I know I could get a lot more if I had a better CPU fan.

Intel works better ie it overclocks faster and is safe to do so. It's FSX so you get the best CPU you can since FSX is so dependant of CPU speed. i5 2500k and i7 2600k perform the same in FSX, benefits can be had from the 2600k in other programmes, depends what else you will be using your PC for. These CPU's will run at 4.6Ghz 24/7 without breaking sweat. Graphics cards depend on whats left from your budget once you buy all the other stuff. GTX 460 is a great card, GTX 580 is the best if budget allows. Nvidia usually seems to be preferred by most for FSX. Inte also makes CPU's that last funnily enough!! Not sure what more of a whack regarding temps mean??

-Iain Watson-

Why do you think AMD takes wack Steve? As far as I heard from the others, that's a good CPU. Can you share your complaints about them please?

I have that 1100T on an Asus 990 FX Sabertooth mobo with 8gig ram and the 560Ti ... I notice most folks on here use Intel, so I decided to be different. I am getting 3.7GHz stable ... I know I could get a lot more if I had a better CPU fan.
Thank you airwolfe, are you satisfied with it? How many fps do you get while you fly with NGX?
Intel works better ie it overclocks faster and is safe to do so. i5 2500k and i7 2600k perform the same in FSX, benefits can be had from the 2600k in other programmes, depends what else you will be using your PC for. These CPU's will run at 4.6Ghz 24/7 without breaking sweat. Graphics cards depend on whats left from your budget once you buy all the other stuff. GTX 460 is a great card, GTX 580 is the best if budget allows. Nvidia usually seems to be preferred by most for FSX.
;Thanks a lot friend, so I will go look for Intel then. 580 is the best but a lot expensive. It may exceed my budget :/

Why do you think AMD takes wack Steve? As far as I heard from the others, that's a good CPU. Can you share your complaints about them please? Thank you airwolfe, are you satisfied with it? How many fps do you get while you fly with NGX?
I think Steve meant it 'can take a wack' and keeping on going... IMO. My FPS varies depending on the slider settings... I am still working to tune my 560TI card. But with sliders all the way maxed and 15% traffic I can get 25 - 40. I am also running 4 monitors, so that can eat some frames up too.

Yeah in regards to my previous comment i mean wack as in can push it with the right cooling system, it will overclock very well i have a phenom ii x4 BE 3.4ghz stock have overclocked it to 4.0ghz pretty good. I have never owned an intel so it would be unfair of me to compare really so im just going off what i know wbout AMD fella.

GTX 460 is also a very nice card, great performance for the money and maybe falls into your budget a bit better. It's much cheaper and since FSX doesn't hog the GPU that much, you won't loose much performance.

-Iain Watson-

Yeah in regards to my previous comment i mean wack as in can push it with the right cooling system, it will overclock very well i have a phenom ii x4 BE 3.4ghz stock have overclocked it to 4.0ghz pretty good. I have never owned an intel so it would be unfair of me to compare really so im just going off what i know wbout AMD fella.
One thing i like about my AMD is it is very stable and running that with an asus board and ATI card as you know AMD ATI is one now works very well for me:)

Hmmm... Allright Steve, how do you run the FSX, on which settings? How many frame-rates do you get generally in very detailed sceneries and complex aircrafts?

Hmmm... Allright Steve, how do you run the FSX, on which settings? How many frame-rates do you get generally in very detailed sceneries and complex aircrafts?
Well i use the cfg setting highmemfix=1 etc and affinitymask =15 not 14and run an ATI HD5850 1GB with 8 addon sceneries. eg Aerosoft all of UK2000 xtreme series and i get 30FPS 25 on average on built up area's baring in mind i do use a frame limiter aswell my settings are all pretty up full. oh i forgot i have the whole of the uk in VFR photographic scenery aswell

I5 2500k, p67 or z68 motherboard, gtx560ti
+1 as far as i am concerned. Don't know the Z68 but if it's Asus, it's probably good.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

+1 as far as i am concerned. Don't know the Z68 but if it's Asus, it's probably good.
Z68 offers a couple of features that, while they sound nice, are pretty much useless to the majority of users. As far as I know it doesn't lack anything critical that the P67 has to offer & they're both good for overclocking.

Z68 offers a couple of features that, while they sound nice, are pretty much useless to the majority of users. As far as I know it doesn't lack anything critical that the P67 has to offer & they're both good for overclocking.
Being as i am a relative novice in the OC game, i find the Asus boards so easy to learn on.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg