Sign in to follow this  
JimVT

Thrustmaster joystick won't takeoff

I've given up on FSX and reinstalled FS9 Now my Thrustmaster Fox2 Pro (USB) will taxi and do a takeoff roll but won't get very far off the ground. Have i got a setting screwed up? BTW..the FSX problem was that I NOW can't use my video card whereas it used to work albeit not very good definition. TNX JimD

Jim, Have you installed Thrustmaster Programming software or have you always run it as a plug and play joystick? You may try the controller setup and see if FSX recognizes the stick, if not install the software here and run the installer. Be sure to read the instructions on the page as it provides excellent information on using the software. In any event FSX must recognize your controller in order for it to function properly. Now for the other part:

BTW..the FSX problem was that I NOW can't use my video card whereas it used to work albeit not very good definition. TNX JimD
First off, did you install FS9 on the same computer as FSX? If so did you perform a clean-up of all FSX related folder and files? There most likely isn't any connection although it is always best to start fresh. Once FS9 is installed and set up you must set your graphics in the simulation itself via the settings tab. You must adjust your settings according to your video card, a high end video card will yield excellent graphics while an average one will provide mediocre results. Which video card do you have anyway, is it an nVidia or ATI? Please provide your PC specs, it is always a good thing to include them in your signature as other forum users will see what they are dealing with.

\Robert Hamlich/

Jim, Have you installed Thrustmaster Programming software or have you always run it as a plug and play joystick? You may try the controller setup and see if FSX recognizes the stick, if not install the software here and run the installer. Be sure to read the instructions on the page as it provides excellent information on using the software. In any event FSX must recognize your controller in order for it to function properly. Now for the other part: First off, did you install FS9 on the same computer as FSX? If so did you perform a clean-up of all FSX related folder and files? There most likely isn't any connection although it is always best to start fresh. Once FS9 is installed and set up you must set your graphics in the simulation itself via the settings tab. You must adjust your settings according to your video card, a high end video card will yield excellent graphics while an average one will provide mediocre results. Which video card do you have anyway, is it an nVidia or ATI? Please provide your PC specs, it is always a good thing to include them in your signature as other forum users will see what they are dealing with.
Thanks, BAW, I did a regedit on FSX and found a bunch of leftovers.Deleted them and that seems to solve the problem.I thought Thrustmaster had no software for the FoxPro2. Thanks again,. JimD

Yes you can use it as plug and play, glad you sorted it out.

\Robert Hamlich/