Sign in to follow this  
bmarcoux2

Payware Commercial Turboprop

Am looking for a good payware commercial Turboprop for FS2004. If not that then a good regional plane (Ksan-KLAX) for fs2004. Birthday this week and want to get myself a new plane. Thanks for any help. Brad

Am looking for a good payware commercial Turboprop for FS2004. If not that then a good regional plane (Ksan-KLAX) for fs2004. Birthday this week and want to get myself a new plane. Thanks for any help. Brad
The ATR 72 from Flight1 is still a good one and very well implemented; for a smaller and simpler plane the PMDG Beech 1900's are still good and still in use as commuter planes. I can't think of any others, really - it's a neglected market. I'd love to have a SAAB 340 or 2000 implemented to the standard of the ATR... DJ

I agree that the Flight1 ATR is absolutely excellent. Nobody else has ever topped it in terms of systems and the working windshield wipers are simply amazing. (By working I don't mean they just move - they really do clear the raindrops off the windshield. You have to see it to believe it!) Even though it was released at least five years ago, maybe more, it is still state of the art. Another very good option is the Majestic Dash-8. It's an incredible product though it does have a few quirks that for me bring it down a notch from the ATR I don't think you will be disappointed in either of them. Both require that you understand their systems and fly them "by the book" - especially the Dash-8 which is based on an actual procedures trainer. An older turboprop but an incredibly well done model is Rick Piper's Hawkers-Siddely HS748. It is outstanding and it's FREEWARE so you could give yourself TWO birthday presents! LOL.gif The PMDG Beech 1900D is very dated and I don't recommend it but the 1900C is not bad. Of course, if you want a turboprop that will knock your socks off though it isn't a regional/commuter get the Aerowork Kingair B200. It is fantastic... Have a great birthday!Ian

Digital Aviation's payware Piper Cheyenne PA31-T Turboprop the best you can get... Aeroworx's Kingair is another outstanding effort. Check both of these out on Youtube.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest venustus01

I must agree with Dillon.The Da Cheyenne is awesome. Dimi.

I have quite a few turbo props:Flight1 ATR72 hands down, best there is Majestic Dash8-Q300 is nice, but has awfull FS98'ish panel graphics and in my opinion an clumsy throttle system.PAOB Fokker 50 is nice, but not rearly as good as ATR72VCOL Fokker 50, stay away from itDA Cheyenne is very good, but a general aviation aircraft. (Don't know what you specifically looking for)PMDG Beech 1900D, is OK, panel graphics not up to current standardsFSS Saab 340 was OK but not available anymore.Aeroworx KA200 also very good, but I'm not sure if it is available anymore Of course these are all my personal opinions. Others may disagree.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Hi. Save your money for now. Get hold of Rick Piper's HS 748, as suggested above. Payware quality modelling and systems; you won't find a better commercial twin turbo. Give it a three week trial then decide whether to spend money on another. Kind regards,D

I think Dave is giving good advice above regarding the HS748 but if you really want to spend some money and what you want is a regional airliner rather than simply a GA turboprop, the Flight1 ATR is the way to go. It is available on the F1 website - I saw it there a few days ago. One free and the other payware - get them both as they are different generations. In my case, my old company went from one to the other. After being a fairly major HS748 operator for about 20 years they replaced them with the ATR72 This is in an entirely different genre, but another great payware turboprop is the Captain Sim (marketed also by Just Flight) C130 Hercules. Wonderful systems modelling, awesome VC, feels right, sounds right, all kinds of hidden gems to play with and only a moderate effect on frame rates There is another freeware aircraft I totally forgot to mention. Milton Shupe's Dash-7. Not quite to the standard of Rick's HS748 but still excellent quality and definitely fun to fly. I have the Aerosoft Lukla scenery - a sloped field high in the Himalayas near Mount Everest. If you want to really challenge your skills, try dropping a Dash-7 into there. Getting off is easy as it's sloped and you can just fall off the end and gain airspeed if you need to. But landing toward a vertical stone wall is definitely a test... It truly can be done with the crash option turned on - but be prepared for some eye popping moments as you see that wall rushing toward you! Nail%20Biting.gif I agree with the critique about Majestic Dash-8 - plus the fact that you have to do almost everything with the mouse and the first officer and captains panels have to be adjusted seperately so you are forced to do two people's jobs. But it does have very realistic systems modelling and in that sense is an excellent entry into realistic turboprop regional ops. The heads up guidance system is excellent! But the F1 ATR is a better overall value. BTW, Majestic is coming out with a Q400 and that may address many of the weak points of the earlier product. It would be interesting to see people's "wish list" of non-GA turboprops modelled using state of the art techniques. P3 Orion would be very high on my list - Vickers Viscount or Bristol Britannia would also be attractive. Fokker F27 Friendship would also be very desireable. Just dreaming guys - if any of these were developed you can pretty much guarantee they would be FSX only... Sighhh CheersIan

The Cheyenne is the best, but with two shortcomings. One is the stock GPS, which was a royal development effort and pretty indepth. It was patched several times but never succeeded in eliminating CTDs and other errors. The team ended up offering an option to retrofit the reality-XP 430 in the last patch. It works well. The other is the pressurization system. Not many simmers pay attention to it. But if you do you'd notice it doesn't work correctly. I managed to retrofit the Aeroworx B200 pressurization system both in 2D and VC. It works great. My other all time favorite is the Aeroworx Kingair B200. I have the reality-XP 530 in it.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Thank you for the suggestions guys. It does seem like this is a missed market for the developers. Goings to try the Flight One ATR Thanks Brad

Sometimes I hate being right! In my post above I mentioned how it would be great to have a "state of the art" Viscount! I just found out that Just Flight are about to release a Viscount. AND, you guessed it - for FSX only!Cry.gif

Sometimes I hate being right! In my post above I mentioned how it would be great to have a "state of the art" Viscount! I just found out that Just Flight are about to release a Viscount. AND, you guessed it - for FSX only!Cry.gif
At this point I'm settling into what I already have for FS9. With Feelthere jumping ship with their new 737-200 series what we have for FS9 today is about it in the payware add-on department. I've come to accept it and look forward to FSX in another year or two depending on where 'Flight' shakes out. By then little will have to be done to get FSX to run right on new moderately priced machines of 2012 or 2013 if the world doesn't end. The move should be far less painless than it's been since FSX's release.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

You're probably right Dillon though so far every time I think that's it for FS9 some other new product comes down the pike! We might still see a trickle of new stuff for another year...