Sign in to follow this  
onerepublic

FS9 vs FSX

FS9 vs FSX  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer FSX or FS9, in that case why?

• FSX, because
    • FS9, because

FS9 is almost 9 years old, not sure why people continue to stick with it especially now that PMDG has the 737NG for FSX (and soon X-Plane 10). It's time to upgrade your Pentium 4 to something current.

not sure why people continue to stick with it
Because they like it.

Rafal's right. Do we really have to flog this dead horse over and over and over and over forever? Personally I'd like to see this type of post banned.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

FSX along with Dodosim 206 provides better models for Jet Ranger flight properties. At the same time I dislike both FSX and FS9 because of the lack of realistic ATC, especially with regards to rotary-wing operations for user interface and AI.

Keith Guillory

Lets see how long this thread stays open.Worried.gif For the record, I use FS9 because I have wayyyyy to many add-ons. It's unbelievable how much stuff I have for it. I do use FSX from time to time however.

Danny

What's so bad about this thread? The guy is just trying to get some opinions
It's not the thread itself that is bad (though I personally see zero sense in it), but replies like the #3 which most of us are fed up with.

As above. Additionally whenever I've been told to 'upgrade/purchase a new comp/move with the times/etc' I'd like people to understand that I'd love to. I just can't afford to at the moment. If anyone insisting that I do so wants to send me the money for the new comp, add-ons, etc, then that would be wonderful. I'll take free money from anyone, I have no pride :-) I'd love to buy that new PMDG 737NG, it's clearly a work of art. But, hey, life sometimes has other priorities. And FS9 will do just fine for now.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I agree with Rafal and Gavin. The topic itself isn't bad; just some of the responses.I don't think it matters what Sim you have; the point is to find enjoyment in using it.Alan

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Rafal's right. Do we really have to flog this dead horse over and over and over and over forever?Personally I'd like to see this type of post banned.
You took the words from my mouth Gavin :)

Dave Taylor gb.png

FS9 is almost 9 years old, not sure why people continue to stick with it especially now that PMDG has the 737NG for FSX (and soon X-Plane 10). It's time to upgrade your Pentium 4 to something current.
What if I don't want to fly that aircraft!There are legions of a/c and other add-ons in FS9 along with more modern cpu's etc make it a much better experience.vololiberista

Lets see how long this thread stays open.Worried.gifFor the record, I use FS9 because I have wayyyyy to many add-ons. It's unbelievable how much stuff I have for it. I do use FSX from time to time however.
I am staying with FSX for the same reason, the hundreds of dollar on add-on I paid for it. I had FS9 before, but did not invest the time because I had no time. Once I moved to FSX I can't move back.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020