Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

Bloom effects for dummies in the NGX

Hi, I have another post in here regarding the frame killer performance with the ENB series and NGX but i must admit that flying without it, is really hurting because the effect is so more realistics. now i have seen people in here talking about a software called "Shade". 1.Is this program "killing" the frames as bad as ENB series?2.Is there any default or presets out there because i am not a expert in the setup that gives you the result. Thanks Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Shade is amazing - simple as that. Does not affect FPS at all, and comes with a ton of presets.Its highly recommended - go get it now!Personally, i wont fly without it - FSX looks loads better, and lot more atmospheric. Without it, FSX looks like a cartoon in comparison.

Fully agree with Adrian above. Get Shade, very low price also. You wont regret./ Leffe

Hi, I have another post in here regarding the frame killer performance with the ENB series
It`s very starnge that you`ve got such problem. Usually ENB has nil performance price. Make sure enbseries.ini configurated as below. It may help to get rid of performance lose [GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=0BugFixMode=1SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0.....[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0ForceDisplaySize=0

I'm apprehensive about Shade. It looks like it makes everything too dark and doesn't provide any bloom effect like ENB, at least from the screen shots I've seen. I've decided to pass on it for now.

Chris Hicks

It`s very starnge that you`ve got such problem. Usually ENB has nil performance price. Make sure enbseries.ini configurated as below. It may help to get rid of performance lose [GLOBAL]UseEffect=1AlternativeDepth=1AllowAntialias=0BugFixMode=1SkipShaderOptimization=0QuadVertexBuffer=0EnableShaders_3_0=1UseMRTRendering=0AdditionalConfigFile=[EFFECT]EnableBloom=1EnableOcclusion=0EnableReflection=0EnableMotionBlur=0EnableWater=0EnableShadow=0DepthBias=0EnableDepthOfField=0.....[ENGINE]ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0ForceDisplaySize=0
Nope did not help. I am sitting at gate X4 in Aerosoft Paris in VC and switching between ENB with shift-F12 and i goes frome 24FPS(on) to 30 FPS(off) Outside it goes frome 38 to 48 which is about 20% isnt? /Michael Is it shade time ?

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

i bought shade as well but i was a bit confused about the configuration. i couldnt see a big difference to the stock graphics but i guess it is because i set it up in a wrong way. Can someone write a tutorial about this?

I'm apprehensive about Shade. It looks like it makes everything too dark and doesn't provide any bloom effect like ENB, at least from the screen shots I've seen. I've decided to pass on it for now.
Watch this and you'll see. I love it!!:

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius

Can someone post before and after comparison shots with Shade? Honestly, the YouTube video that Gerard linked to above doesn't look any different to me. I currently use ENB.

Honestly, Gerard, I couldn't tell a difference over my default scenery in that video. If I can find something like ENB but intended for FS use and with tech support, I'd be willing to pay for it. I have yet to see any bloom effect demonstrated with Shade.

Chris Hicks

does ENB works with DX10 preview enabled in FSX?same question goes for "Shade"

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Hi What do you talk aboute, shade??? Best FredrikHi Ok I see what is it! Can I use it on mine system (signature) without performance hit on the frames? Does it any problem for my 3x22" Matrox TH2GO setup? Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

Shade isn't the same as ENB and shouldn't be compared directly, I don't think it has a bloom effect. I compared Shade to default FSX by flying through some mountains where there would be lots of shadows. I have the 'Approaching Innsbruck' add on and flew down the valley in a RealAir Decathlon an hour before dusk. The difference was very noticeable, the lighting effects on the ground were much more realistic with darker shadows and better contrast. I think this reasonably priced utility will become a standard FSX add-on like REX or ASE.

Shade isn't the same as ENB and shouldn't be compared directly, I don't think it has a bloom effect. I compared Shade to default FSX by flying through some mountains where there would be lots of shadows. I have the 'Approaching Innsbruck' add on and flew down the valley in a RealAir Decathlon an hour before dusk. The difference was very noticeable, the lighting effects on the ground were much more realistic with darker shadows and better contrast. I think this reasonably priced utility will become a standard FSX add-on like REX or ASE.
Hi I have FS Global 2008 but will I need Shade and will it be a great impovment of image quity with shade if I already have FSG2008? Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.