Sign in to follow this  
patrickbc

FSX Freeze

Had my first freeze with NGX. The whole simulator freeze (No movement) 5 min ago i installed ASE. It froze just after passing 26000 feet. (From Amsterdam to Copenhagen) Have hotfix3 installed not hotfix4 (Doing more bad than god)Help

Serious`?!?!?
Have you done some of your own homework first? Such as checking the Events Log to see what it is that is causing the freeze-up?

You will find it here Patrick .Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Administrative Tools

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Think i found it: The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.Process ID: 7c8Start Time: 01cc8db3ef84b412Termination Time: 133Application Path: F:\FSX\fsx.exeReport Id: (There is no info)+ Thank you Julian

Think i found it: The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.Process ID: 7c8Start Time: 01cc8db3ef84b412Termination Time: 133Application Path: F:\FSX\fsx.exeReport Id: (There is no info) + Thank you Julian
Just wondering Patrick if you may have had a G3d.dll. Were you flying over any aerosoft airport addon at the time ? like EBBR ? One way to find out is to do the exact same flight again and see if it does it again.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

The problem is as following: I was passing 26000 feet: FSX froze but i could still hear the sound. ctrl + alt + del trying to close fsx.....FSX stopped working.

That's what happens when you get a g3d.dll error, not related to ngx as such. I get one flying over the BUR vor abeam EBBR. (Aerosoft)

Juliann I will try that tomorrow (23 p.m. here in denmark)+What can i do if it's a G3d.dll makes it freeze.++ I have now wrote to hifi (Making ASE) follow the thread here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/351375-after-i-installed-ase-fsx-froze/The interresting part is it can both be caused by a Airport, a aircraft and a external program therefore i wrote to many forums. Sry. for me bad english. I am only 15 years old.

Patrick, there is nothing wrong with your english. It is better than my Danish. One thing you can do, tomorrow that is, is try disable addon sceneries in that area, and try without ASE to see if you can find the cause of the error. Let us know how it goes.

I followed all the "tweaks" as outlined with material given and then did the "*******" FSX.cfg. I am running HF3 and have ALL sliders set to max on left side, Autogen and other slider (on right) set to Dense. I have had one 3 minute freeze, while toying with FMC, but the sim is running great at this time. It took some fiddling but it's running as smooth as ever. Xeon quad core 3.17ghzNvidia Quadro 5600 1.5 GBVista 64

Thanks both of you. I will try some flight tomorrow. Shall I try flying with the same time as today or the time it is tomorrow. 3 flight to try in this order: First: EHAM - EKCH with ASE but without loading the flight plan into it. If that helps then the same flight with the flightplan loaded into it. If FSX crashes: Then we probably solved the problem If FSX not crashed: Then we haven't solved the problem. Second: EHAM - EKCH without ASE If that helps then the same flight with ASE. If FSX crashes: Then we probably solved the problem If FSX not crashed: Then we haven't solved the problem. Third: Disable all Addon Airports If that help then i will try the same flight with all airports enabled. If FSX crash: Then I will try to disable all airport one by one until i find the right one If FSX didn't crash: Then i don't know what to do. I seems to be a long day for me tomorrow. Luckily do i have fall recess.

Trouble shooting is fun.Well not really, Let us know how it goes.