Sign in to follow this  
Barnstormer16

Paint kit

Well, I do hope that Carenado once will consider making layered paint-kits for their new releases.

With the release of the Beechcraft C90, I would like to hire out a custom repaint. Given that repaints can only be done using the blank white texture, how would one get the blank texture to the painter if they do not already own the C90?Regards,Russ Tucker

Well, I do hope that Carenado once will consider making layered paint-kits for their new releases.
I hope so too! Praying.gifCheers,Fritz

Guest bstolle

As long as guys like Gunnar are able to make such superb repaints without a paintkit I think there's no reason for Carenado to include layered paintkits....

Guest bstolle

Sure, I wouldn't even think about repainting without a layered paintkit, but the available high qualitiy repaints show that's it's possible. So there's (unfortunately) very little reason for Carenado to chance anything....

What I really would like to do, is to control the appearance of rivets, lines, weathering etc... Money%20Eyes.gifIt would be great to have these on separat layers.

I really fail to see the problem with the Carenado "paint kits". You want to make a layered paint kit, find the Mac's rem white plugin for Photoshop, works a treat :)

With the release of the Beechcraft C90, I would like to hire out a custom repaint. Given that repaints can only be done using the blank white texture, how would one get the blank texture to the painter if they do not already own the C90?Regards,Russ Tucker
Respectfully, no painter worth half his salt can paint without the aircraft... One must see how textures interact on the model, how they stretch, overlap, or fold... Just seeing the flat sheet is half the battle. They'd have to already HAVE the C90 to repaint it realistically.

I really fail to see the problem with the Carenado "paint kits". You want to make a layered paint kit, find the Mac's rem white plugin for Photoshop, works a treat :)
Is there a Windows plugin for Photoshop?Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Russ,My apologies for the delyed response. I have been using that plugin with Photoshop on windows for about 5 yrs. One word of caution though, it doesnt work with 64bit photoshop. I'm still searching for an alternative.Edit: the plugin is actually called macremwhite.

Edited by Smiffy

Russ,

My apologies for the delyed response.  I have been using that plugin with Photoshop on windows for about 5 yrs.  One word of caution though, it doesnt work with 64bit photoshop.  I'm still searching for an alternative.

Edit: the plugin is actually called macremwhite.

For me, the plugin (tool) works fine in Windows 7/64bit, Adobe Photoshop CS3/32bit. What I found difficult was finding the correct procedures to make it work.

Hi Guys,

I understand Carenado does not make a paint kit for any of there aircraft's but...does anyone know how I might go about repainting their C90? I am using windows 7 and Corel paint kit. It seems as if my repaints come our blurred when i am finished. Any suggestions?

Thanks.