Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Latin VFR's KMIA

It looks excellent. I have their Key West and really like it.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Yes, surely another fine one from LatinVFR coming up. I actually didn't know it was on their list.

I can't wait! Will be an instant purchase for me. I also loved this part: "...Among the features, photo scenery (more to the West almost beyond the turnpike for great visual landings) surroundings, animations ..." Would be sweet if they would eventually do Opa Locka and Tamiami as well.

Alexander Alonso

Their Key West is very good. It's not perfect, but the issues are not in the airport. If LatinVFR fixes the surrounding area, KEYW would be perfect. I'm sure that KMIA will not be at the level of FlyTampa, FTX, or FSDT. I hope I'm proven wrong. I really wish LatinVFR the best. This is one of those airports most simmers want. It could change their image.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

They need to patch things up with Oliver to get AES support.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

I'm sure that KMIA will not be at the level of FlyTampa, FTX, or FSDT.
Since they stay lower on the price, I'm ok I guess.
They need to patch things up with Oliver to get AES support.
Or FSDT have to get the GSX stuff ready soon. cool.png

Since they stay lower on the price, I'm ok I guess. Or FSDT have to get the GSX stuff ready soon. cool.png
When it comes to scenery for FSX, including airports, I prefer to pay a little more for quality. I do have to admit that LatinVFR's pics look much better than I expected. This could translate into a higher price.

I'll wait for FSDT or FlyOrlando to do it well.
Good luck with your wait since there is no guarantee either of them will be doing it. FSDT said the other day that it will be a while before they even start another airport since they are updating their older sceneries.BTW, its FlyTampa not FlyOrlando.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wasn't there a small part of FlyTampa in the LatinVFR Key West? happy.pngDon't worry, all guys involved found an agreement and solution on that thing (I guess) and it was patched in 1.1. I'm really looking forward to a detailed KMIA in FSX. I wouldn't call it urgent in any way, but the project already seems to be close to release, no?One may also add that LatinVFR really matured on a large scale in my eyes. I always liked their releases, but the later ones are really ahead of the older stuff.

I must say that indeed with KEYW they made a huge step forward. Some of their earlier sceneries were very inaccurate. For KMIA they still have lots to do for as far as I can see, but Ricardo says that it'll hopefully be out in a week weeks - which worries me. The problem of LatinVFR is usually that they tend to rush things. That's the problem with all their sceneries. If you look at what FSDT does for KLAX, or FlyTampa for KBUF, you see that why it took them so long to make these airports. I always fear that LatinVFR cuts corners in order to get sceneries out the door quicker. It usually means that sceneries by them turn out less good that they could (or maybe should) have been.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I must say that indeed with KEYW they made a huge step forward. Some of their earlier sceneries were very inaccurate. For KMIA they still have lots to do for as far as I can see, but Ricardo says that it'll hopefully be out in a week weeks - which worries me. The problem of LatinVFR is usually that they tend to rush things. That's the problem with all their sceneries. If you look at what FSDT does for KLAX, or FlyTampa for KBUF, you see that why it took them so long to make these airports. I always fear that LatinVFR cuts corners in order to get sceneries out the door quicker. It usually means that sceneries by them turn out less good that they could (or maybe should) have been.
Your a beta tester for them aren't you Ben or so I though you mentioned in another thread regarding KEYW? Have you addressed this concern with Richardo? I admit, I am rather surprised how quickly they have built KMIA. Although we have no idea how long they have been working on it, I wouldn't imagine it has been very long since it was always rumored that FSDT would do it as well as Intersim before they closed.

I think I did mentioned it once, and I certainly mentioned it in reviews I did of products I didn't beta test. Ricardo does this almost full time, is my impression, so in a way I can see why he wants to get stuff out quickly - otherwise there is no food to feed the family, and people anyway buy his stuff. But with KMIA, I think he'll have to take great care, more than before. It could even break him if many people end up disappointed due to inaccuracies. Don't get me wrong by the way - many of those inaccuracies are only really seen when you compare the scenery with photographs. Some are visible though, but fortunately the visible problems have gotten less and less as Ricardo released more and more sceneries. MROC, for example, has some really bad problems here and there, but you wouldn't know if you don't look at photographs. SPIM, in the other hand, has much less visible problems, and so does for example SCEL. These are more recent sceneries, so there for sure is a positive, growing trend. KEYW in that respect is one of the best, since also all the autogen, or most of it anyway, is correctly aligned with the photo scenery. Regarding KEYW, have you gotten any closer to eliminating FPS issues? You once hinted you found its source.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Regarding KEYW, have you gotten any closer to eliminating FPS issues? You once hinted you found its source.
Nah, to be honest I haven't messed with KEYW since the night I mentioned it, or for that matter even flown there. Actually I have never even flown to or from KEYW. Ever since I got KEYW it has been more or less a scenery I have been trouble shooting and messing with and have never actually done a flight into or out of it. I think I got so tired of trying to fix it up and figure out what was causing the FPS issue that i got tired of the whole scenery and have never returned to it. Beside the fact that since the NGX came out I have been busy flying it and haven't even messed with tweaking sceneries.

Sean, It's too bad. I'm really enjoying KEYW. I just completed KTPA to KEYW: 8841.jpg8392.jpg4103.jpg1674.jpg