Sign in to follow this  
BertW

ASE Network Testing with AITraffic.exe

My setup is with FSX running on a Windows7 Computer and ASE on a Wndows XP Computer.I have followed the instructions in Networked Configuration For FSX, and managed to have the shares and SimConnect configuration set up. After start of FSX on the Server computer and testing with the AITraffic.exe program I noticed that I could only get the indication “Connected to Flight Simulator!” if I also put a copy of SimConnect.cfg in the same folder as the AITraffic.exe file.As this is not highlighted in the document, can someone confirm that this step is necessary for testing of proper networked simconnect configuration? Cheers,Bert

Hi Bert, I'm not familiar with any requirement to have simconnect.cfg and Aitraffic program in the same folder. Simconnect.cfg should be in your documents folder. Have you enabling simconnect client logging via the simconnect.ini file? This would show you if the connection is correct. The aitraffic program is just a test to rule out any issues with AS configuration. If that's connecting ok then AS should be ready to go.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Damian. The following is what I have found. First a quote from the SimConnect SDK Reference Document about SimConnect.cfg:"This file is only required if a client is going to access Flight Simulator running on a remote machine, and should be placed in the My Documents folder, or in the same folder as the client application or library, on the computer the client is running on." I followed your instructions and have the SimConnect.cfg file in C:\Documents and Settings\[uSERNAME]\My Documents\ on my Client PC (Windows XP Computer).On my Client PC, I also have a copy of FSX. When I start FSX on my Server PC (Windows 7) the only way to get the ASE to work properly in the networked configuration is to also put a copy of SimConnect.cfg in the ASE directory on the Client PC. Anyhow, I am happy that all seems to be working now and that I did not have to change anything in the Windows registry. Regards,Bert

At last I found out why I had to put a copy of SimConnect.cfg in the ASE directory.Reason was that my "My Documents" folder had earlier been moved from an almost full disk C: to another disk.Could be of interest for someone who also had to free up a lot of room on the C: drive by moving "My Documents" folder. Cheers,Bert