Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Avsim Exclusive Screenshots For X-plane10

http://forums.x-pilo...t/page__st__100 Post 103 starts it off. The tech consultant flies for Lufthansa and Lufthansa's 737 have many switches arranged opposite of most 737 customers.....and as the contributing consultant, he gets first preference. So they are correct.

http://forums.x-pilo...t/page__st__100 Post 103 starts it off. The tech consultant flies for Lufthansa and Lufthansa's 737 have their switches arranged opposite of most 737 customers.....and as the contributing consultant, he gets first preference. So they are correct.
Thanks for the info, you learn something new everyday! I just saw a cockpit video that confirms Lufthansa does this. I still think though, the more common usage should have been modeled, unless this will be an option. I couldn't tell, is this going to be freeware, or payware? I assume payware, based on the general quality of the panel shown. If so, I think they should take the extra step and make it a preference item. If it's freeware, I guess it's up to them what they want!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

You're very welcome. I didn't know either for a long while tongue.png I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they intend to but I can't recall where......as you said, it's definitely more common! -TomK

The screens are beautiful!What I've learned over the years is that unlike MSFS, what you see is what you get and more from LM.No beefed up hype of something that you'll never see, and updates all the way to the end of the run. Also, the developers listen and interact with their customers. It's gonna be a HUGE year for X-Plane, the new aircraft coming from people like Tom, Goran, JRollon and more are showing what this sim is all about. Come on December. :)

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

I don't think that was the intention. I think you have missed the irony in that comment.
Apologies for any misunderstanding.

I read on another blog that Austin will be showing a preview of X-Plane 10 during the upcoming FSWeekend, if someone happens to be at the event PLEASE take a lot of pics!

I don't think that was the intention. I think you have missed the irony in that comment.
sensitive Yawn.gif

Apologies for any misunderstanding.
Going back on memory........................it seems that those two FSX screenshots were artist renditions, before the sim was ever released. FSX wasn't quite capable of producing those pics. I suppose that's why they were used as examples... L.Adamson

Going back on memory........................it seems that those two FSX screenshots were artist renditions, before the sim was ever released. FSX wasn't quite capable of producing those pics. I suppose that's why they were used as examples... L.Adamson
That's kinda what I guessed. I have FSX and no matter what I do to it, I can NEVER get it to look like that.

Guest bstolle

Well, Goran, looking at the new October screenshots from flight: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/ the battleship you said you don't believe it's a real screenshot from FLIGHT, because it has been pulled from facebook, it wasn't official etc. etc.. it apparently IS real.If xp10 is going to look even close to these screenshots it might have a change to catch up with MS.

Seriously, after all the hype about XP10, those are the best screenies to showcase the preview?? I really was expecting a bit of a wow factor. About as exciting as FS Hawaii so far.
Have to say I agree with this. I've seen some nice lighting preview screenies of XP10, but the shots on this thread are not that impressive in my opinion. The cockpit shot looks like a fairly average MSFS affair from a few years back and the cloud and terrain shots are nothing which bowl me over either if I'm being brutally honest. Although as far as most flight sims are concerned, I tend to regard systems and flight fidelity as being of more importance than eye candy, so I do intend to try XP10 out, beause it has been a few versions of XP since I've used it and I'm intrigued to see if things have improved significantly on that score. Not to turn this into a ''vs' thread, but with two new sims on the way, I've got more expectations and hopes with XP10 than I have with MS Flight - the crown is there for the taking if Laminar have stepped their game up, and I'll happily use XP if it brings enough to the party, which is looking like a possibility this time around. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Have to say I agree with this. I've seen some nice lighting preview screenies of XP10, but the shots on this thread are not that impressive in my opinion. The cockpit shot looks like a fairly average MSFS affair from a few years back and the cloud and terrain shots are nothing which bowl me over either if I'm being brutally honest. Although as far as most flight sims are concerned, I tend to regard systems and flight fidelity as being of more importance than eye candy, so I do intend to try XP10 out, beause it has been a few versions of XP since I've used it and I'm intrigued to see if things have improved significantly on that score. Not to turn this into a ''vs' thread, but with two new sims on the way, I've got more expectations and hopes with XP10 than I have with MS Flight - the crown is there for the taking if Laminar have stepped their game up, and I'll happily use XP if it brings enough to the party, which is looking like a possibility this time around. Al
Sums it up nicely for me too.

Well, Goran, looking at the new October screenshots from flight: http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/ the battleship you said you don't believe it's a real screenshot from FLIGHT, because it has been pulled from facebook, it wasn't official etc. etc.. it apparently IS real.If xp10 is going to look even close to these screenshots it might have a change to catch up with MS.
I have NEVER said that battleship screenshot is fake. I have always said "let's wait and see for the official word" AND "I have heard from various other sources that it is fake". I have never, not one time, said the battleship was definitely, 100% fake.We now have official word so the rumor is finally put to rest.

X-plane 10 - Looking good, I can't wait to see all the elements together soon in a video showing it all moving.I have high hopes for this. The real cream would be If PMDG decide to test the water with this platform then with all the other great developers who are jumping on board, we are in for a fantastic piece of software.