Sign in to follow this  
Guest ARUBANEZE

Shade For fs9?

Guest venustus01

Is it possible to make "shade Fsx" work in fs9? Dimi,.

You mean shadows? They are available, but I'm not in front of my computer right now. It's actually a selection under your scenery settings, and I think you move one of scenery sliders to the right and set it to extremely detailed or extrememly complex (These are the times I miss Opa the most!) HTH --

Is it possible to make "shade Fsx" work in fs9? Dimi,.
Sorry, but no.

Guest venustus01

Thanks for the feedback.

Ask Steve (Shade dev) wink.png
Simple poll Would you like to have Shade packages for use with Fs9 and Prepar3D ? Cheerssteve

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

I've done it, you need a copy of FSX and a copy of Shade. Inject shade intoFSX and while FSX is running copy all the sky_*.bmp textures from the main FSX\Texture folder to a temp folder. Now run imagetool on the copied textures to convert them to 24 bit without mips and dump them into the FS9\Texture folder and you'll have Shade for FS9. Jim

Guest venustus01

Thats good news Jim.I dont have fsx installed unfortunately.So i guess I'm stuck!Would there be any other way to make it work without me having to install fsx?I assume the textures are in dds format?Cheers.

No, they're just .bmps, but in FSX they're 32 bit and if you use them in FS9 you get a really psychedelic rainbow effect that'll remind you of the late 60s :) . If you have GEPro you can do a similar effect by going into the "Sky color > Colorize" options to create a custom sky texture set. Once you're there, notice the top row of pixels in the image on the left, clicking on a particular pixel in the left image will allow you to adjust that pixel on the right image (which represents the custom sky texture you're about to create). Select the ground and aircraft dark shadowing pixel and turn the brightness all the way down and contrast all the way up. Do the same for the cloud dark shadowing pixel. Select the ground & acft light shadowing pixel and turn the brightness & contrast both all the way up, do the same for the cloud light shadowing pixel. Now click "accept" and type a name for you new sky texture set. Return to "manage sets" and scroll down to find your new set. It should be in red and it'll say "Activated: False". Select it and click "activate", then select it again and click install. Here's a quick comparison I just did: fs9_sky_comparison.jpg That's not really "apples to apples" though because there are 3 different sky textures involved, but it sort of shows the shadowing effect. Jim

Guest venustus01

Thanks for your help Jim.I have GE Pro and will try your suggestions.I currently run enb.with a palette texture.Maybe this is a better alternative.Thanks mate.

Guest venustus01

Just tried your settings in Ge Pro.Definite improvement.Looks even better than the enb. I was using.I must confess that I never new how to use this feature of Ge Pro,until you showed me the "light".You learn something every day!Thanx again.

Guest venustus01

In your enb.cfg file there is an entry under "colorcorrection" usepalettetexture.It is the last entry.By default it =0.change it to 1 and use a 24 bit texture.Many are available if you google itOr I can send you the one I use

I generally use enb in conjunction with the shaded textures, but you have to fiddle with the DarkeningAmountDay=XX value otherwise things get very dark. FYI, you can also create a set of custom ground textures with GEPro in a similar fashion. I find the normal GEPro textures slightly undersaturated, so I've created a few sets with the saturation slider cranked upwards a bit. EDIT: thanks for the info on pallete textures, do you just place the texture in the main FS9 folder then? I'll do the google thing and see what I can find, thanks :) Jim

Guest venustus01

Yes.Just place it in your main fs9 folder and make sure you enable the "usepalettetexture" parameter in your enb .cfg.I use the one posted by Timest in the REX forums.It really gives the sim a new look.Try it out!ILet me know how you go.You can even create your own by using the gradient map feature of Photoshop.