Sign in to follow this  
smokeyupahead

Correct trim?

Hi guys, what value do you use for trimming this aircraft at take-off, both on a full load and on a half load of fuel with two people in the plane? I find that you need to trim slightly more if compared to the Bonanza F33... Is that because the F33 has a more aft CG at max take-off weight? I also noticed that @ thrust reduction altitude the A36 tends to mantain the same picth it had before the trust reduction; On the other hand the F33 will picth down in the same situation..., fully loaded.The overall "sim feeling" is one of a more stable aircraft on it's vertical axis. I'm not complaining, I like this plane, I'm just curious to hear your opinions and learn the differences, if there are any noticable ones... Thanks,

Mr. Stolle said that he may do a free FDE upgrade for the F33, so there seems to be some need to correct certain items.So, when comparing those two planes, this may currently lead to a shifted picture. Only assuming though.

Hi and thanks. I'm not questionning the fidelity of the F33's fde...I just wanted to know of some of the differences between the two planes in the real world.By the way what value do you use to trim the aircraft? Thanks,

I can only give you some takeoff values for the A36, but I always use a non-standard loadout, so expect some heavy guys in front and their two ladies in the back, plus some baggage. With two in the front only I've used the +6 degrees values from the manual, with my non-standard thing I had some +2 or +3.The level altitude needed a bit more retrim than on the F33, but, as said, we don't know how realistic she (F33) is in that aspect, so the comparison might fail.I'm no real Bonanza driver. Maybe I can write down some more values on my next A36 flight with the default loadout.

Thank you CoolP, I haven't had time to read the manual yet but your values are a little lower (but right of course) than what I tried today. Tonight I will have more time to test different trims and see how she behaves... Thanks again!

If it helps. I've just loaded her in the default loadout, so two guys on the front seats and full tanks.The manuals say +6 in those circumstances and that perfectly works, you will see her climbing at/slightly above best climb rate speed then without much need to trim.For the cruise the AP gave me some -10.5 at 152 kts IAS, so that level flight portion will need a lot of retrim.trimo.jpg I don't recall the F33 values there, but maybe I'll fly her later. smile.png

Yes the retrimming is a big change!It's definetely much different from what we where used to with the F33 and V35 and it is a more than a welcome change if it's RW behaviour, which I can't say since I'm no RW pilot. I know the landing attitude is now better. If I had the money I would definetely prefer buying a Bonanza than a Cessna! Until then I'm happy with my 20€ Carenado Bonanza!wink.png Ok back to flying now, thanks again!

Guest bstolle

Don't know with the 'orgininal' F33 and V35, but with the new files (and the A36) you need to set the trim as stated in the included real world performance tables.F33 & V35: 3 units nose up with only 2 occupied front seats and 0 units for every other loadout.A36: 6 units nose up with 2 occupied front seats and 3 for every other loadout. Reason is that the A36 fuselage is longer and you can load more baggage behind the seats which means the useable C.G. range is bigger.The A36 is so nose heavy with the default (2 pilots) loadout that she can't be stalled with full flaps (IRL and in the sim)!I'll send the new files to Carenado tomorrow so they should be available within the next few days.