Sign in to follow this  
Ronald Griffin

PAX in the NGX

Hello, Was just wondering.. is there any reason why the pax in a single class configuration reach a maximum of only 174 (iirc, maybe it was 176) when an actual configured 738/w operated by Norwegian Air Shuttle can carry 186 PAX. Is there anyway to change this, if not, will it ever be possible to actually carry the max amount of passengers?

AFAIK, Ryanair can fit 189 sardines in their 737s......
You'd be very much correct, so I don't see why it isn't accurately modeled.

You'd be very much correct, so I don't see why it isn't accurately modeled.
Well, again, AFAIK, 174 is the standard economy layout, 189 is called "High-Density" [understatement of the year, but I digress], anyway, IIRC PMDG we're not aware / didn't believe that many airframes used that layout, when they were designing the NGX but it was brought to their attention shortly after release so I would assume it would probably be in a future SP, perhaps even SP1.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Well, again, AFAIK, 174 is the standard economy layout, 189 is called "High-Density" [understatement of the year, but I digress], anyway, IIRC PMDG we're not aware / didn't believe that many airframes used that layout, when they were designing the NGX but it was brought to their attention shortly after release so I would assume it would probably be in a future SP, perhaps even SP1.
Well let's hope so, it's a major configuration here in EU.

Check the following link: Scroll to the bottom and look at Typical Seating Capacity under Specifications. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Boeing_737 Every Airline uses a different seating arrangement based on their particular needs. It would be impossible to model every airline. So they went with a typical layout.

They don't necessarily need to. Just model the airline with the max amount of seats. Therefore, everyone can put as many PAX as they'd like on the airplane.

It would be nice if the user could set up their pax configuration as they like in a linear way, from a low density setup to a high density setup, similar to how other customer options are configured.

It would be nice if the user could set up their pax configuration as they like in a linear way, from a low density setup to a high density setup, similar to how other customer options are configured.
+1

Wow, you guys are really after important stuff, right?

Wow, you guys are really after important stuff, right?
No one said this was important, it's just a nice edition to the experience, and since their code probably already includes the calculation, like stated, it would be nice to set the max PAX to the max available IRL. Opinions differ, something minor to you might be very important to someone else.

+1 I add myself to the request for 189 seats, because I fly for RYR VA and I use Topcat as far as possible. And then given Ryanair is the "major" 738 carrier, I think it's not so stupid to request the "so called" high density conf.cool.png

+1 here also. It's not the end of the world not getting it, but being able to customize the seat layout would be a great addition.

+1 here too it helps if you can set the same seating as your VA client gives you.