Sign in to follow this  
PIC007

Missing STEP button

For some reason I dont have a STEP option when in PLAN mode and LEGS page in the FMC, any ideas as to why?TIA

Jay

It means you have the option to fly at a higher altitude as the aircraft burns off more fuel. You need to adjust the altitude on the PERF and increase Alt on the Alt selector in order to get the aircraft to climb once it reaches the STEP point. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think he's talking about the STEP feature that let's you go from one waypoint to the next on the Nav Display, when the EFIS button is in PLAN mode and the CDU has a STEP input on LSK6 Right. Not a programmed STEP altitude. And I cannot help him with the answer to his question .. sorry.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

It is there, I do it all the time. Just be sure to be in the legs page note on the rute page

I think he's talking about the STEP feature that let's you go from one waypoint to the next on the Nav Display, when the EFIS button is in PLAN mode and the CDU has a STEP input on LSK6 Right. Not a programmed STEP altitude. And I cannot help him with the answer to his question .. sorry.
Correct. The weird thing is, I am flying with another person now and initially both of us were missing it. He had to exit out and when he came back it was there. Maybe a 'refresh will fix it, Ill check when we land.

Jay

You also need to change the ND so it shows the mode where each waypoint is centered. I forget what its called. It's either map or plan but I mix them up.

Refreash didnt work, still no button, weird. As you can see I am in PLAN mode and on the LEGS page

Jay

Maybe you brought up the Fo's CDU. Does it show in the vc?
Thats what I am thinking. Try switching to the VC just for fun and see if you are popping up the pilots or the co-pilots cdu

OT: That's another issue I think resulting from SP4 beta. Look at the pic above again cloesly. In Plan mode, the Range on the ND is cut in half of what is chosen on the EFIS range selector. In this case, it is set at 80nm, but the ND only goes out 40nm. I noticed this the other day when planning an approach while enroute and thought it was just me - until reading this post. Anyone know if it's been ticketed in PMDG support yet?

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thats what I am thinking. Try switching to the VC just for fun and see if you are popping up the pilots or the co-pilots cdu
Well, learn something new every day! For some reason the FO FMC was open but I have no idea why. As soon as I clicked the CDU icon the FMC showed the STEP option, I never knew that the Capt and FO FMCs showed different options. Thanks for the info !
OT: That's another issue I think resulting from SP4 beta. Look at the pic above again cloesly. In Plan mode, the Range on the ND is cut in half of what is chosen on the EFIS range selector. In this case, it is set at 80nm, but the ND only goes out 40nm. I noticed this the other day when planning an approach while enroute and thought it was just me - until reading this post. Anyone know if it's been ticketed in PMDG support yet?
Every Boeing I fly is the same way....it shows the total distance on the display, so the range marker is the 1/2 way mark.

Jay

Glad you got it sorted out. I have my FO displays turned off to improve performance.
I fly in 2D so I only have one display. No idea how the FO FMC showed up but I sure would like to know LOL I dont see the logic behind the FO not having a STEP option, as I make him do all the programming :-)

Jay

I fly in 2D so I only have one display. No idea how the FO FMC showed up but I sure would like to know LOL I dont see the logic behind the FO not having a STEP option, as I make him do all the programming :-)
The right nav display is linked to the right FMC/CDU so of you turn the FO nav display to plan it also should have a step button on LSK6R. Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.