Sign in to follow this  
llKNIGHTll

FSUIPC and HIDMacros

I am planning to get some keyboards and use them for a very simple home cockpit. I would like to use multiple keyboards connected to the same computer and assign different functions to them. For example i want to be able to assign 1 function to the letter g in keyboard 1 and assign another function to the letter g in keyboard 2. By doing this i hope to assign aircraft buttons to keyboard keys. i found a software to detect multiple keyboards and identify key presses separately. Its HIDMacros. http://www.hidmacros.eu/I also found out how to use mouse macros in FSUIPC and assign keyboard keys to the buttons and switches in aircrafts. Now i want to know how to link HIDmacros with FSUIP so that i can use HIDmacros ability to detect multiple keyboards separately and assign functions to them using FSUIPC. Can someone please help me?

Guest jahman

AFAIK, FSUIPC sees only a single keyboard, so assigning different functions to same letters on different kepboards won't work.But you can also post your question at the FSUIPC support forum. Cheers, - jahman.

Yes i know that FSUIPC does not support multiple keyboards. But i think it is possible to link HIDMacros with FSUIPC and get that ability. Here are some things which led me to believe thathttp://www.hidmacros.eu/scripting.phphttp://forum.simflight.com/topic/66693-multiple-keyboard-support-for-fsuipc/ There are some explanations in them. But the problem is i dont understand it. Would appreciate if someone could explain them to me

Guest jahman

OK, seems it can be done by converting the output of the second keyboard into button presses of a joystick, so when you press a ky on the second keyboard, HID Macros sends it to FSUIPC as if it were a button press. Then in FSUIPC you can assign FSX functions to these second keyboard's button presses. The developper of HID Macros says you can do this via the SetFSUIPCString method in HID Macros. Sorry I can't be of more help, but working with two keyboards is fairly "out there". An easy way to work with two keyboards would be to always keep CapsLock and NumLock=ON on your second keyboard. Cheers, - jahman.

The developer mentions how to do it. But the problem is i cannot understand those terms and how to do it.

An easy way to work with two keyboards would be to always keep CapsLock and NumLock=ON on your second keyboard.
This does not work. I even checked it. When caps lock is ON in 1 keyboard no matter what keyboard you use it will enable CAPS LOCK in both keyboards as it cannot identify the keyboards separately.

On Microsoft Windows XP, DirectInput enumerates only one mouse and one keyboard device, referred to as the system mouse and the system keyboard. These devices represent the combined output of all mice and keyboards respectively on a system. For information about how to read from multiple mice or keyboards individually on Windows XP, see the WM_INPUT documentation.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/microsoft.directx_sdk.idirectinput8.idirectinput8.enumdevices(v=vs.85).aspx

Guest jahman
The developer mentions how to do it. But the problem is i cannot understand those terms and how to do it. This does not work. I even checked it. When caps lock is ON in 1 keyboard no matter what keyboard you use it will enable CAPS LOCK in both keyboards as it cannot identify the keyboards separately.
Yes, of course, I should have thought of that. Thanks for the clarification. Cheers, - jahman.

mgh as i mentioned earlier i dont know about programming. So i dont understand what you have given me in that link. Can anyone help me?

Guest jahman

It seems that without some elemental programming knowledge it won't b possible for you to do what you're trying to do.Cheers,- jahman.