Sign in to follow this  
rhha

PC Pilot's promise of news of Flight

The previous edition (Sept-Oct No 75) had next to nothing about Flight. So I assumed this new edition (Nov-Dec No76) would deliver something of what they promised. I thought they promised a regular series of articles / information up to the actual release. Is Microsoft keeping them as starved as us or is there really something untoward going on ?

Well, if anyone was going to get info on Flight I'd think it would be them... so if they are not reporting after they said they would then something must be up... They do have a nice write up on Prepar3D in this issue.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The previous edition (Sept-Oct No 75) had next to nothing about Flight. So I assumed this new edition (Nov-Dec No76) would deliver something of what they promised. I thought they promised a regular series of articles / information up to the actual release. Is Microsoft keeping them as starved as us or is there really something untoward going on ?
Flights website states they're looking for a beta manager and website manager to crank up the community connection and the website content. Whats not to get?

Nothing new from Microsoft means nothing new to write about in a magazine. It means nothing more or nothing less than that, though all the tea leaf experts will be along to tell us what their tea cups told them about this.

tea leaf experts will be along to tell us what their tea cups told them about this.
ROFL LOL.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif

We'll see if Andy sees this in the morning. I added that part for him!

See my comment in the thread on DX11. Apparently an article was run in Computer Pilot magazine for Oct/Nov speaking to DX11 ...If you ask me, MS is being all arse-about-face with its marketing campaign.

Well, at least Take On Helicopters and Prepar3D got nice coverage in the latest PC Pilot. An with X-Plane 10 just around the corner, who's got time for Flight anyway...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Well, at least Take On Helicopters and Prepar3D got nice coverage in the latest PC Pilot. An with X-Plane 10 just around the corner, who's got time for Flight anyway...
What is this new "take on helicopters" craze about?

Me. Take on Helicopters is nothing more than a game, and X-Plane 10 is graphically limited.

Brandon Filer

Me. Take on Helicopters is nothing more than a game, and X-Plane 10 is graphically limited.
In what way is X-Plane 10 graphically limited? Nobody has even seen the whole thing put together, so you cant even fully compare screenshots. Considering that it will have a lighting system that will beat the one in FSX and (until they show something new) the one Flight, I wonder what your reasoning is. Please, do explain.

Daniel Miller

In what way is X-Plane 10 graphically limited? Nobody has even seen the whole thing put together, so you cant even fully compare screenshots. Considering that it will have a lighting system that will beat the one in FSX and (until they show something new) the one Flight, I wonder what your reasoning is. Please, do explain.
Xplane 10 looks like a game from 2001... They show nothing that is radically different from XP9.....

Xplane 10 looks like a game from 2001... They show nothing that is radically different from XP9.....
I give you FS2002 (release Oct. 2001) FS2002.png And XP10 (well, the plane is, the rest (if I remember correctly) is XP9 with a freeware airport made by a person developing for XP10).... 747_nose_up.jpg They clearly look exactly the same...

Daniel Miller

I didn't know FS2002 was the only game made in 2001...And i don't think what he said was to be taken completely literal. His point is that X-Plane 10 looks old.

Brandon Filer

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.