Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

3 QUESTION PLEASE

Hey i have 3 question to if you can help me,i went to a friend today, he have the pmdg 747, and just wanted to know 3 things about it that i noticed:1. there is no ILS frequency on the approach page when picking a runway to land? how do i fix it? how to use it correction.2. there is no TD on the map, ans yes i put a zfw and gross weight. how do i do thatthanks for any help guys.

Hi Daniel. You forgot number three, so ask that when you get back, but as to your first two, 1. The 747 has an auto-tune navigation system. If you select an ILS approach and no other problems arise between FSX and the data in the airplane it will automatically select the ILS frequency for you. ** Note that if there are still problems you may have some problems between the 747 and FSX. Let us know if you do, and at what airport. 2. Go to the last few pages on your LEGS page. Are there any altitude restrictions from other waypoints? If there are no altitude restrictions then the airplane will continue to fly at altitude until you tell it to go down. If you do see some restrictions, then check to make sure there is no "DISCONTINUITY" line on your LEGS or RTE pages. There will often be the one line just above where your approach procedure starts, so check there first. If there is one, then up-select the next waypoint into the discontinuity to solve it. If everything is good you should see a T/D.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

Hi Daniel. You forgot number three, so ask that when you get back, but as to your first two, 1. The 747 has an auto-tune navigation system. If you select an ILS approach and no other problems arise between FSX and the data in the airplane it will automatically select the ILS frequency for you. ** Note that if there are still problems you may have some problems between the 747 and FSX. Let us know if you do, and at what airport. 2. Go to the last few pages on your LEGS page. Are there any altitude restrictions from other waypoints? If there are no altitude restrictions then the airplane will continue to fly at altitude until you tell it to go down. If you do see some restrictions, then check to make sure there is no "DISCONTINUITY" line on your LEGS or RTE pages. There will often be the one line just above where your approach procedure starts, so check there first. If there is one, then up-select the next waypoint into the discontinuity to solve it. If everything is good you should see a T/D.
thanks very much, i will check it out today,3.is there another way that i can change the heading with out clicking on the left button and on the right button on the mouse?, because we had a problem yesterday until we set the right number the plane is just stayed in the same heading and the stick where shake until we stopped clicking, thanks again man(:

Stick shake means stalling - you must fly the aircraft first, then navigate, then comunicate. I suggest you and your friend work through the tutorial flights. They will teach you most of what you need to fly this aircraft.

Hey, i dont mean stall, sir. when i am on autopilot, and changing the heading then the yoke, kinda shaky until i am stopping to change the heading, thanks anyway(:

oh and btw sir, i will be happy if you can tell me how can i do n1 limit for the engine, cause now every time i engage the auto throttle its getting crazy and increasing to 107%, thanks

107% is normal. N1 is controlled through the FMC. You will need to read manuals to see exactly how as there are many ways of doing it.

107% is normal. N1 is controlled through the FMC. You will need to read manuals to see exactly how as there are many ways of doing it.
Oh thanks i am probably use to the boeing 737, there 107% is not except able. thanks

Yes, the 747 is an almost completely different animal. Automation is part of its operation. Which is good because you are one person trying to do a two person job with only a mouse. For number three, I believe it is possible to change the heading bug with the wheel on your mouse. It has been a while since I flew it, what with the NGX and school eating my time, so someone correct me if you cannot.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

If you hover your mouse over the left-right arrows, the mouse wheel should work.

Dugald Walker