Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

NGX with FSC9 UT2 and FSWIDE possible issue

HI All I cant seem to find an answer to this anywhere not even at the UT2 and FSC9 forum, it may also be an FSX limitation but I did see somewhere that it could be caused by installing the 737 NGX, basically the issue is that when I have Flight Sim Commander 9 connected to FSX via FSWIDE from the second PC I only ever see localised AI traffic displayed in FSC9 on the map, IE FSC9 in YBBN I see dozens of aircraft around Brisbane airspace reaching at to about 50 miles but if I zoom out in FSC9 there are no other aircraft displayed at all, I am wondering if this is a limitation that FSX imposes in that it will only render AI traffic that is around your current position, so they are there but not visible until you are within the set radius, I do notice that planes departing the brisbane airspace keep on flying and are visible but no new crossing traffic outside the boundary, this is apparent for all AI including default Ai in FSX, can anybody shed some light on this, this could be due to the fact that to display all AI traffic on the map would cause a big performance hit, I also have FSUIPC TCAS setting set to unlimited so the issue does not lie with FSUIPC thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Ut2 limitation. 50nm is the limit the AI will spawn. Also depends how far you zoom out in FSC9. As UT2 uses simconnect, widefs does not effect what you see as such. But in FSC9, of course it does. Any chance you can post a sreenshot of FSC9 with it zoomed out, and can compare. Just so I know we are on the same page.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Its UT2 fella. Not absolutly sure how it works but can you imagine what kind of performance you would get if it was simulating all traffic all over the globe at once on your pc? P**s poor I should imagine. I would not concern yourself with it as all you need for a realistic experience is what you can see on your TCAS and out the window. Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

i suspected this, thanks very much I will try to get a screen shot

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Here is a scren shot of my traffic in the brisbane area, cheersi did attach a screen shot file but dont know why it did not work, how did you post yours

Wayne such

Here is a scren shot of my traffic in the brisbane area, cheers i did attach a screen shot file but dont know why it did not work, how did you post yours
Down next to POST is More Reply Options, click on that. Then you will see add file, browse to your pic, upload, bingo, all done

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

hmmm i did try that and it said it uploaded ?

Wayne such

hmmm i did try that and it said it uploaded ?
Later tonight, when I go for a flight, I will do a screenie of FSC9 at 50nm and 100 zoom, and then you can see if it is the same as yours. Will post on this thread.

thanks a lot that would be great

Wayne such

Here you go Wayne, the order is 50nm, Ground,100nm. Time was set for 1440hrs

FSCommander. I don't beleive that FSCommander will show Traffic "ON THE GROUND" at airports more than a certain distance from you. ?? Unless there is a way to control that, that I have missed ???

thanks pretty much similar as mine, glad there is no issue thanks very much

Wayne such

Geoff, you can set that. If you look at the screenshot at top of thread you will see the setting, which I have set at 18000ft. Which is not necessary really at that alt, I just forgot to lower that.

thanks pretty much similar as mine, glad there is no issue thanks very much
No worries