Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

Alienware Computer Destroys FSX (and PMDG 747)

Too bad you overpaid by probably a thousand dollars for that system.
Pretty much. I have no idea why people don't just build their own these days. It is soooooo easy!

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

The music in the video is called Titan by Vangelis. I am sure it would have been cheaper I had built my own computer but I wanted to avoid the work. I paid 3k for this computer. The specs are as follow: Alienware Aurora-R3Intel Core i7-2600K (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 4.1GHz16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz1 1.5GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 5801 2TB ( 2x 1TB) SATA II (3Gb/s) 7,200RPM (2 x 32MB Cache)1 Matte Stealth Black Alienware Aurora w/ 875W Multi-GPU Approved PSU

Mine is comparable, and literally cost a half that....and my processor is cranked up higher dance.gif

I believe you. One thing I get that you don't is the 3 year warranty (plus a first rate support). If my processor blows up because of over heating I get a new computer because alienware overclocked it. (and what do you get?) At the moment I am blessed and I can afford the cost.

I believe you. One thing I get that you don't is the 3 year warranty (plus a first rate support). If my processor blows up because of over heating I get a new computer because alienware overclocked it. (and what do you get?) At the moment I am blessed and I can afford the cost.
Nice looking system. I agree with everyone that the cost are absolutely ludicrous on those systems, but I'd buy one if I had no interest in building and had the cash to throw away. Nice video!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

And that is basically my point. (1) I do not have the time to build nor the desire, and (2) I rather pay and have the protection and support. I have to admit and I am not tech savvy and building a new computer might take me much longer than most of you guys. I could do it if I put my mind into in, but simply do not want to. I am glad you guys like the video. Best to all of you!

Nice performance. Good music too. Although sadly the PC may destroy itself too after a few weeks. The venting has invariably been terrible on most of the Alienware computers I've ever seen; the last Alienware PC my friend had blew something like four graphics cards over a period of about 12 months because the cooling was so bad on it. He was glad of that warranty because he was forever having to send it back to get it repaired, with the worst thing being that he knew he'd have to go through it all again to get fixed after another few weeks as the replacement parts did of course not fix the inherently bad design of it. In the end he gave up with it and got something else instead and that one got relegated to being used for nothing more demanding than web browsing, which was a bit ignominious for something that cost him a few thousand quid. Of course your computer won't necessarily be like that and I hope it keeps on working for you, but I decided that I wouldn't touch Alienware with a bargepole after witnessing his experience with them. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I will never understand why people buy houses already assembled. If you build your own it's like half the price. It's easy! Enjoy your new comp and smooth FSX. wink.png

I will never understand why people buy houses already assembled. If you build your own it's like half the price. It's easy! Enjoy your new comp and smooth FSX. wink.png
Fair point - and I am someone who has built his own house. :)

Fair point - and I am someone who has built his own house. :)
I bought mine. It has a homeowners warrantee. I did build my pc & the dining table however :)