Sign in to follow this  
Graeme1873

Cannot Download 4.3 Upgrade File

Hi Guys Ive sent JD an e-mail on this but just wondered if any of you have ideas on how to resolve? I have a regsistered CD copy of Radar Contact installed on my old PC which i use for FS9. Decided to take the plunge and buy a new rig to run FSX and as advised asked JD to send me the link for the upgrade to 4.3 which was sent right away. My problem is that for whatever reason i cannot complete the download as it stops after downloading between 60 and 100mb of the 681mb download. Ive tried about 10 times but unfortunately it just stops every time (ive even tried using download managers with no success). Anyway im now at a loss as to to how i can get RC working in FSX. Did wonder whether if one of you guys in the UK could burn the zip file to CD and send it to me (i'd obviously pay the costs) whether that would work but any other ideas would be appreciated. FS just isnt the same without RC. If all else fails ill just have to repurchase a CD version from the website which i assume includes 4.3 - i miss it that much. RegardsDonald (Paterson)

this is usually caused by one or more of the following using download accelerators - turn them off, if you have them, usually makes the download actually download use a hardwired ethernet connection. i've actually had people trying to download this from a coffee shop, and they were banging their heads against the wall because it would ultimately fail. IE seems to have fewer issues try a different time of the day. maybe start before going to bed. sometimes your isp's bandwidth is more readily available after hours maybe a friend with a different isp could download it for you if all else fails, we can make you a cd. if someone on that side of the pond could burn you a copy and mail it to you, i would be very appreciative. if not, i'll send you a cd from this side of the pond. let me know how it goes.

JD Success. I tried everything suggested - even got up at 4am to try and download but still the same issue. Had resigned myself to relying on someone being kind enough sending me a CD when i though, as a last resort, ill download Firefox (ive heard god things about it) and see if it makes any difference. To my surprise and delight it downloaded the file like a dream! Anyway, now installing RC in FSX as we speak (just sent key request) and cant wait to get it up & running. Can i just say that the offer you made to burn a CD and send it to me was much appreciated - your customer service really is second to none and i assure you ill be first in the queue when RC 5 comes up for sale. Kind RegardsDonald