Sign in to follow this  
VS0

Empty cockpits on PMDG J41 and Flight1 PC-12

Firstly I would like to say that I have just upgraded system and operating system from XP SP3 TO WIN7 64 so this is why this new problem has popped up. I will also post at Flight1 and PMDG but am trying my luck here also.The issue I have is that my aircraft that I have just installed (J41 and PC-12) have ALL gauges and systems missing from the cockpits. I am not talking about me not turning the batteries on or GPU or anything like that ( I have flown the J41 for months) everything is missing including any words/numbers, displays or gauges. The aircraft works as far as gear, spoilers and engines are concerned but NOTHING in the flightdeck works at all. I am new to Win7 but am always running as admin and right clicking "run as admin" before starting Flight sim. I have also tried without virus protection turned off (AVG 2012 free version) If there are no suggestions I will be able to post a screenshot of the issue but cannot do this right now.Any help would be MASSIVELY appreciated.Thanks Rich

Sounds like a license activation issue...try reinstalling and reactivating these addons using your installers and licensing info from PMDG and Flight1.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Where did you install FSX. The default folder is not a good idea due to security issues, Better off in another folder or better another partition, Have you disabled UAC in user control panel.

Thanks for the replies and I will get back to you once I have tried disabling UAC. One thing I have noticed is that no matter what aircraft I install fsx does not ask for permission to run the gauges like it used to after I had installed an aircraft in XP. Is this normal or is something most likely "blocking" the gauges somehow?Rich

Thanks for the replies and I will get back to you once I have tried disabling UAC. One thing I have noticed is that no matter what aircraft I install fsx does not ask for permission to run the gauges like it used to after I had installed an aircraft in XP. Is this normal or is something most likely "blocking" the gauges somehow?Rich
Check your FSX.cfg whether you have the gauge entries written into. I've heard of that problem that the gauge permission form didn't show up. Don't know how they fixed it but if I recall correctly it's an windows issue that something has been corrupted.

UAC off, reboot, A/V off, Windows Defender off, right click the original installer and chose "run as administrator"... if that fails, reboot into safe mode with networking and try to run again the same way. DJ

Have tried the above suggestion including using the gauge entries from my old backed up fsx.cfg but does not make a difference. The entries are there but something just doesnt seem right. Man I hope I can get this sorted soon.Thanks Rich

Ok I sort of got this, Ive managed to get the radio stack and most other things working except the FMS and the 2 main displays in the cockpit. I added the CFG entries from my previous CFG and restarted and things have got better. Hopefully I can figure out why this last two items arent working. Are there meant to be 2 or 3 PMDG gauge entries in the cfg? I only have 2.Thanks Rich

how about making sure Visual C++ 2008 SP1 (x86 and x64) are installed?this was required for the MD-11

Just to let you guys know I have managed to ge t everything going now. I uninstalled Bigfoot network manager, turned off AVG antivirus and re downloaded the product. Everything is working ok and I am taking her up for the first test flight now. Thanks a lot for your help.Rich