Sign in to follow this  
NoahBryant

OC with 2600k and P8Z68-V PRO

First I want to say I know virtually nothing about OCing a system, other than I want to do it. I built the below system and have great performance on it, but still get low FPS in some situations. I know it's possible to OC this set up pretty well and have tried several OC tutorials/videos that I have found online. The problem is instability. When I OC, the system will crash and reboot. The temp is never above 155 (using HWMonitor PRO) so I dont believe it is a cooling problem. I am looking for someone who has this same combination and can help me with the OC. Since I dont know what any of the settings really mean, I dont know what to tweak and how. ASUS P8Z68-V ProSandy Bridge i7 2600K 3.4ghzAntec HCG-900 power supplyCORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 15000) VRAP 10,000 rpm HD (2x)80GB intel SSD (where FSX is installed)Win7 64bit Home PremimumCOOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU CoolerRadeon 5870 Eyefinity running 3 monitors

Noah Bryant

Hi Noah, as I can see you have pretty much the same setup as I do. I had and still have no clue about OC, but I just applyed the same settings as this guy in the movie. Did a stress test over 2 hours and nothing went over 45c. Please dont forget that I have a big &@($* cooler so it will def variy on yours.

I recommend that you study this: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1578110

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.