Sign in to follow this  
gfusc

FSET shoreline blending color

Hi again This is an island downloaded by TileProxy:w9ZPVl.jpg And this is the same island downloaded with FSET:hyoI8l.jpg My question is: how can i get (with FSET) nice and smooth shallow water area at a shoreline , like the TP does? I dont wanna that black stripe to be in places where the water is not deep so therefore should be brighter than open sea. TP does that automatically and its results are nice looking.

Can you confirm that the water with tileproxy is actual FS water and not just part of the image which is what it looks like. I haven't used either program, but I do lots of photoscenery including water masks and blends. If it is actual FS water then it's part of how each program deals with the water masks. My question, you say "downloaded", is this a permanent scenery that you can edit or just there when the program is running?

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thank you for your interest Mike!

Can you confirm that the water with tileproxy is actual FS water and not just part of the image which is what it looks like.
Both images have FS water inside. TP's blending algorithm is so nifty if you thought it is a photo texture only :)
My question, you say "downloaded", is this a permanent scenery that you can edit or just there when the program is running?
I said downloaded because in fact, both tools use online map services to obtain ground textures. TP, if properly configured, runs "live" like a eg Google Earth map browser and FSET is "a permanent scenery that you can edit"
I haven't used either program, but I do lots of photoscenery including water masks and blends.
What is your way of making water masks?Despite this, I discovered how to correct blending color. The key values are hidden in the FSEarthMasks.ini under # ---------- Water Transition One (Coast, DeepWater, Water) --------------- section
WaterTransitionColoringEntrySFunctionFirstHalfOrder			 = 2WaterTransitionColoringEntrySFunctionSecondHalfOrder			= 2WaterTransitionColoringSFunctionToSFunctionConnectionPoint1x	= 0.05WaterTransitionColoringSFunctionToSFunctionConnectionPoint1y	= 0.3WaterTransitionColoringTransitionSFunctionFirstHalfOrder		= 2WaterTransitionColoringTransitionSFunctionSecondHalfOrder	   = 3WaterTransitionColoringSFunctionToSFunctionConnectionPoint2x	= 1.0WaterTransitionColoringSFunctionToSFunctionConnectionPoint2y	= 1.0WaterTransitionColoringExitSFunctionFirstHalfOrder			  = 2WaterTransitionColoringExitSFunctionSecondHalfOrder			 = 2WaterTransitionColoringFlipFunction							 = NoWaterTransitionColoringUseEntrySFunctionDistanceLimit				 = YesWaterTransitionColoringStretchTransitionSAndExitSFunctionToFillAnyGap = YesWaterTransitionColoringEntrySFunctionDistanceLimit					= 25WaterTransitionColoringEntrySFunctionLinearSlopeBegin				 = 0.5WaterTransitionColoringEntrySFunctionLinearSlopeEnd				   = 0.5WaterTransitionColoringTransitionSFunctionLinearSlopeBegin			= 0.5WaterTransitionColoringTransitionSFunctionLinearSlopeEnd			  = 0.5WaterTransitionColoringExitSFunctionLinearSlopeBegin				  = 0.5WaterTransitionColoringExitSFunctionLinearSlopeEnd					= 0.5WaterTransitionColoringSFunctionToSFunctionConnectionPoint1Slope	  = 0.0WaterTransitionColoringSFunctionToSFunctionConnectionPoint2Slope	  = 0.0WaterTransitionLighteness	= 100.0	  #the strongness of this value is managed with the WaterTransitionLightness tripple S functionWaterTransitionBrightness	= 90.0	  #the strongness of this value is managed with the WaterTransitionLightness tripple S functionWaterTransitionContrast	  = 0.0	  #the strongness of this value is managed with the WaterTransitionLightness tripple S functionWaterTransitionColoringRed   = 38		#the strongness of this value is managed with the WaterTransitionColoring tripple S functionWaterTransitionColoringGreen = 158		#the strongness of this value is managed with the WaterTransitionColoring tripple S functionWaterTransitionColoringBlue  = 198		#the strongness of this value is managed with the WaterTransitionColoring tripple S function

gCBeGl.jpg