Sign in to follow this  
A320FAN

Shockwave 3D lights

Try a FORUM search on "SHOCKWAVE" -- all that info has been posted already.

How do the Shockwave lights differ from the volumetric, 3D lighting that comes standard with the NGX?

How do the Shockwave lights differ from the volumetric, 3D lighting that comes standard with the NGX?
Well, I installed Shockwave lights for the landing lights only. However, I'm thinking of tinkering with the XML code of the gauges in order to disable the lights during the daytime as it is done in the code for taxi lights. At night they are ok for me but during the day they are appearing way too bright. Of course this requires doubled entries in the aircraft.cfg as well.

Regards,
Axel

Well, I installed Shockwave lights for the landing lights only. However, I'm thinking of tinkering with the XML code of the gauges in order to disable the lights during the daytime as it is done in the code for taxi lights. At night they are ok for me but during the day they are appearing way too bright. Of course this requires doubled entries in the aircraft.cfg as well.
Can you tell me how did you do ?

Can you tell me how did you do ?
In principle yes. However, I just saw your question and is now 22h15 in old Europe (local) and I'll have to get up tomorrow at 04h15 in order to catch my plane. I think I have to put you off till Thursday earliest, sorry. To make it short, Shockwave lights are packed in a CAB-file which is similar to ZIP and are written by using XML. The proper code you'll find in a taxi-light file. For unpacking the CAB and packing again you may search with Google.Good night! sleep.png

Regards,
Axel

If it isn't broke, why fix it? The NGX comes with very realistic, 3D lighting with no tinkering or aircraft.cfg entries required.

If it isn't broke, why fix it? The NGX comes with very realistic, 3D lighting with no tinkering or aircraft.cfg entries required.
I tried it, and looked too bright, and the fuselage was far too saturated. On the MD11, looks good, on the NGX, I would say PMDG nailed it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

[OPINION]They differ in that with the Shockwave lights (at least from the pictures and videos I've seen), you seem to be flying through 100% humidity all the time (or some other type of haze/rain/fog).I think what they've done is groundbreaking, but in the end, the effect is off. Lights don't do that normally. Fog/rain/haze? Sure. Clear weather? Not a chance.[/OPINION]

Kyle Rodgers

In principle I tend to agree.

Regards,
Axel