Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Yeah... We aren't quite finished yet...

Captains- Well- further reinforcement of why PMDG has always taken the policy stance that we do not provide release dates.... We have been spending some time trying to nail down a few items that we aren't quite happy with- and looking at the current state of the SP1 update (which the 600/700 depends upon) as subjectively as possible, I just can't eliminate that nagging sensation that it needs a bit more time in testing. So tonight I have decided to withdraw the pending release of SP1 and push it forward. I think it will only be a matter of days, given what we are looking at- but then again I thought that three weeks ago so at this point lets just say you'll have it about one hour after we think it is ready... For the most part the items that we are working on are resolved, but we want them to get more time with the testing team to make certain we didn't break something accidentally with the last few fixes. The only major outstanding item that I would consider to be problematic is the method we are using to interface with the Saitek rudder hardware. None of us on the team own this particular piece of hardware, but we are getting complaints back from the few members of our testing team that the methods we used to improve the autobrake performance have essentially left the saitek users in the cold... I ordered a pair of them about an hour ago so that I can get a set in-house so that we can see if there is a workaround that will allow us to keep the advanced and highly realistic functionality of the autobrake system while also meeting the needs of customers using the Saitek hardware. From experience I can tell you that the problem is likely in the exceptionally poor design methodology used by FSX to manage functionality such as brakes... It never ceases to amaze me that a product designed/built in 2006 is still using some hackneyed methods that were first used in FS4.0 or earlier... but I don't want to go off on a rant who's roots predates the birthdates of many folks here. Yawn.gif For those of you highly interested in the release of the PMDG 737-600/700, that product is effectively finished and there is only one minor outstanding item being smoothed out with that product. It depends upon the SP1 release, however- so the two will follow close-in-trail! Okay- so as of this moment I am going back to our long standing policy of not guessing release dates. As you can see it is a waste of time if (like PMDG) your primary concern is product quality rather than imaginary limits placed on calendars... We just don't like the pressure it puts on the development team to meet the imaginary limits- and it isn't any fun to come here and tell you that we are moving the date again... Welcome back to kvetching about how PMDG never tells you anything. I'm betting it takes < :30 before someone clubs me for it. Angel.gif Back with you guys shortly... (Oh -and Ryan promised he'd edit up the the change list for the SP1, but he's been too busy to follow through... <sound of bus running over Ryan> Really... Wasn't my fault it didn't get posted. Nope... nosirreee..... hey Ryan, what are you doing under that bus, anyway? Whistle.gif )

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Think you might have thrown Ryan under the bus there sir Thinking.gifTounge.gif But other than that, thanks for the update Robert.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I always thought you tried to be as open as you could with forecasts, and wondered why you kept doing it over and over. I guess you like the clubbing??

Dan Downs KCRP

Nice one RSR....! Poor Ryan give a guy a break he had to move cities... LOL...! RSR, on a more serious note how is your Father....? Hope all is well with your family and the PMDG family....! Looking forward as always to what the future holds...!

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

My only complaint is that at some point, the majority of people will be satisfied with your product. Lets chalk up that there will be issues. I mean, the NGX-800 sat in the "testing" phase for months with weakly updates (sometimes monthly) that said we need juuuussssttt a little more time, and don't worry we don't want to send you a product that needs service pack after service pack. Well it wasn't an hour or so after first release that the problems appeared. Then came more...then the hotfixes, then the ohh this is a big problem that we have everyone working on. So in the end after months and months of testing and this and that, and we still need hotfixes and SP's. Just release it and update it later. For a lot of people it works fine. I don't mean go all CS on us and release an unfinshed product, but at some point it becomes rediculous to just keep it on the handful of testers computers when you could get an even better idea of issues when the masses have it. You have a wonderful product and everyone knows it...including you (PMDG). I do find it hard to believe that we have to go several months without the additional 600/700. Yes there are differences, but how much work did you have after 2+yrs of development and months of testing? Not trying to start a flame war, just merely giving an additional perspective. We all know there will be issues....even with the 6/700. If it is small enough (which most items are, we aren't talking about a non functional FMC or EICAS), then just release it while you work on that small item and probably a handful of others that will surface once it is released... Regards,

Well, I happen to have a set of those Saitek ruder pedals so am glad you are trying to figure this out.dance.gif Take your time with this one.laugh.png

i7 3770K HT, 8GB RAM, nVidia 980GTX, Win7, P3D 3.4, FSG mesh, UTX, GEX, ST, ASA16/ASCA, NickN optimized

Rob- What kind of pedals do you use?

Peter Osborn

Actually Robert funny you mention the Saitek Rudder pedals. Mine arrived earlier in the week and are you talking about the "differental" breaks being stuck on even after you let go of the toe pedals or something else?

I give it 2 days before this starts out like the previous thread on the sp1 update

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I have both the Saitek rudder pedals and the Yoke system....like I previously mentioned before, take as much time as required to iron out all the issues. I had already suspected another delay but i'm not disappointed by it. (preps the 800) Time for another flight!

Thanks for taking the time to give us a quality product Robert.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Again take your time guys and lets get it right the first time around. I'm happy with what I got now and it will surely keep me busy until the next release!

Christopher Edwards

cheers Robert happy to hear from you

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K