Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Yeah... We aren't quite finished yet...

What you are writing in the above quote has been common use of Microsoft all the time - for the sake of downward compatibility (as they tend to argue). Enclosed something to proof it: Big%20Grin.gif
You crack me up LMAO.gifsig.gif

I have SAITEK Rudder pedals, yoke, and two sets of throttles - and have no issue with AUTOBRAKE etc. So Robert can you explain what the issue is or is this something that is now an issue from the changes in the new SP? I only ask as it seems pointless you working on something that is maybe user error with their setup and could be maybe fixed easily by a config setting rather than you spending days recoding the NGX - especially if thats the major reason you havent been able to release the SP. Happy to help test if need be as on leave from work this week.

Come on guys, it's not a big deal. It will be released when it's ready.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I am planning on buyng some of those pedals soon so I appreciate the effort to resolve the issue.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Captain,I really hope 600/700 gets released sometime before Friday,it's a national holiday for Greece,and I will have 3 whole days to enjoy it!!!Regards Christos Athanasoulis

Captains- Well- further reinforcement of why PMDG has always taken the policy stance that we do not provide release dates.... We have been spending some time trying to nail down a few items that we aren't quite happy with- and looking at the current state of the SP1 update (which the 600/700 depends upon) as subjectively as possible, I just can't eliminate that nagging sensation that it needs a bit more time in testing. So tonight I have decided to withdraw the pending release of SP1 and push it forward. I think it will only be a matter of days, given what we are looking at- but then again I thought that three weeks ago so at this point lets just say you'll have it about one hour after we think it is ready... For the most part the items that we are working on are resolved, but we want them to get more time with the testing team to make certain we didn't break something accidentally with the last few fixes. The only major outstanding item that I would consider to be problematic is the method we are using to interface with the Saitek rudder hardware. None of us on the team own this particular piece of hardware, but we are getting complaints back from the few members of our testing team that the methods we used to improve the autobrake performance have essentially left the saitek users in the cold... I ordered a pair of them about an hour ago so that I can get a set in-house so that we can see if there is a workaround that will allow us to keep the advanced and highly realistic functionality of the autobrake system while also meeting the needs of customers using the Saitek hardware. From experience I can tell you that the problem is likely in the exceptionally poor design methodology used by FSX to manage functionality such as brakes... It never ceases to amaze me that a product designed/built in 2006 is still using some hackneyed methods that were first used in FS4.0 or earlier... but I don't want to go off on a rant who's roots predates the birthdates of many folks here. Yawn.gif For those of you highly interested in the release of the PMDG 737-600/700, that product is effectively finished and there is only one minor outstanding item being smoothed out with that product. It depends upon the SP1 release, however- so the two will follow close-in-trail! Okay- so as of this moment I am going back to our long standing policy of not guessing release dates. As you can see it is a waste of time if (like PMDG) your primary concern is product quality rather than imaginary limits placed on calendars... We just don't like the pressure it puts on the development team to meet the imaginary limits- and it isn't any fun to come here and tell you that we are moving the date again... Welcome back to kvetching about how PMDG never tells you anything. I'm betting it takes < :30 before someone clubs me for it. Angel.gif Back with you guys shortly... (Oh -and Ryan promised he'd edit up the the change list for the SP1, but he's been too busy to follow through... <sound of bus running over Ryan> Really... Wasn't my fault it didn't get posted. Nope... nosirreee..... hey Ryan, what are you doing under that bus, anyway? Whistle.gif )
Robert, when you say that the 600/700 is dependent upon the SP1 does that mean that the SP1 will be included as an option in the installer for the 600/700 (for those who own the 800/900 to install the SP1 and those who do not own it to not select that option) or will it be a completely separate file that will be available on the PMDG website?

How do you come to think just because the "masses" have it, they would provide better feedback? Although it "seems" obvious, I heavily doubt this is a valid general conclusion. I'm sure you are reading the forums? Browsing through the countless threads clearly indicate a ton of users don't (yet) understand the systems in a depth that allows them to operate the aircraft correctly (not offence meant!!! There certainly is a steep learning curve and I'm just saying this to explain my thought) so how exactly would you think to get (more) qualified feedback in this regard? Isn't there something smart to it giving it only to a handful of people that however know more than anyone how the thing should behave? I understand and appreciate the fact that 'more users' equals to 'wider variety of hardware configurations', but add-on-system wise I think it's better to let her outta the cage once at least the NG-inherent systems are working in an acceptable way. And as we can see that is probably nothing to be testes by the "masses". The PC-hardware and compability problems will come in any way...Just a thought, and anyways it's been discussed at length before. Oh, and I just noticed, eureka! - that I got some Saitek pedals attached here LOL LMAO.gif Must've missed that since they aren't actually mine and I rarely ever use them... Big%20Grin.gifsig.gif
No, I completely understand what you are saying and I don't exactly mean that the "masses" will have all the answers. Believe me, I know that a lot of people don't understand the complexity of this product, and some cannot even appreciate it because of the lack of knowledge they have with airliners in general (through no fault of their own.) What I do know is, the product they (PMDG) have sitting at their computers right now is better than anything anyone has seen. I just feel that as a whole, if it is 90% (Which in terms of realism, 90% of the NGX is far better than anything we currently have) then you should let it out and deal with the brain teasing specifics at your own pace. Again, there will be more. There will be things that happen that they could have never predicted...it happens. I am just saying, they seem to be selling the fact that they want to release a completely finished product that doesn't need anymore tweaking, hotfixes, SP's etc. Well, you are good but not that good....no one is, not even the real Boeing. So just send out what you have that will make 90% of the masses happy and tweak it all you want after that and just do another SP. We will live on...

No, I completely understand what you are saying and I don't exactly mean that the "masses" will have all the answers. Believe me, I know that a lot of people don't understand the complexity of this product, and some cannot even appreciate it because of the lack of knowledge they have with airliners in general (through no fault of their own.) What I do know is, the product they (PMDG) have sitting at their computers right now is better than anything anyone has seen. I just feel that as a whole, if it is 90% (Which in terms of realism, 90% of the NGX is far better than anything we currently have) then you should let it out and deal with the brain teasing specifics at your own pace. Again, there will be more. There will be things that happen that they could have never predicted...it happens. I am just saying, they seem to be selling the fact that they want to release a completely finished product that doesn't need anymore tweaking, hotfixes, SP's etc. Well, you are good but not that good....no one is, not even the real Boeing. So just send out what you have that will make 90% of the masses happy and tweak it all you want after that and just do another SP. We will live on...
Gotcha Ken! Thanks for getting back! sig.gif

Guys, Most all the members of our group have the Satiek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant(s) and Rudder Pedals. Several of us also have the Trim Wheel (which we have working with all high end addons, though we have yet to figure out how to get it to work with any PMDG product). The settings below allow us to use the Rudder Pedals including differential brakes, without any problems. The settings come by way of one of our members, Mark Gray, to whom we're grateful. Hope you find this useful. Be well.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Robert, What you are writing in the above quote has been common use of Microsoft all the time - for the sake of downward compatibility (as they tend to argue). Enclosed something to proof it: Big%20Grin.gif
/*   TOP SECRET Microsoft(c) Code   Project: Chicago(tm)   Projected release-date: Summer 1998*/#include "win31.h"#include "win95.h"#include "evenmore.h"#include "oldstuff.h"#include "billrulz.h"#define INSTALL =3D HARDchar make_prog_look_big[1600000];void main(){   while(!CRASHED)   {	display_copyright_message();	display_bill_rules_message();	do_nothing_loop();	if (first_time_installation)	{   	make_50_megabyte_swapfile();   	do_nothing_loop();   	totally_screw_up_HPFS_file_system();   	search_and_destroy_the_rest_of_OS/2();   	hang_system();	}	write_something(anything);	display_copyright_message();	do_nothing_loop();	do_some_stuff();	if (still_not_crashed)	{   	display_copyright_message();   	do_nothing_loop();   	basically_run_windows_3.1();   	do_nothing_loop();   	do_nothing_loop();	}	}   if (detect_cache())	disable_cache();   if (fast_cpu())   {	set_wait_states(lots);	set_mouse(speed, very_slow);	set_mouse(action, jumpy);	set_mouse(reaction, sometimes);   }   /* printf("Welcome to Windows 3.11"); */   /* printf("Welcome to Windows 95"); */   printf("Welcome to Windows 98");   if (system_ok())	crash(to_dos_prompt);   else  	system_memory =3D open("a:\swp0001.swp", O_CREATE);   while(something)   {	sleep(5);	get_user_input();	sleep(5);	act_on_user_input();	sleep(5);   }   create_general_protection_fault();}***********************************************************************

I've just compiled and run this code in Visual Studio to use with my CH Rudder Pedals and not only is the control smoother I also gained 15fps in the VC at KJFK. Thanks LOL.gif

Actually Robert funny you mention the Saitek Rudder pedals. Mine arrived earlier in the week and are you talking about the "differental" breaks being stuck on even after you let go of the toe pedals or something else?
I used to have problems with the saitek rudder pedals with most a/c.To get around this clear everything to do with brakes - everything. Leave FSX and restart. Install the brake pedals as they should be ticking the "reverse" box and leave FSX again. After that you can start FSX and include any additional brake buttons etc you want.Worked for me and hope this helps as I found it wasn't just PMDG a/c that I had this problem with.CheersWillie G

I have CH pedals but I think the same general philosophy for setting the pedals up would be the same. Anyway my guess why there is a recommendation to have 0 nullzone and turn down the sensitivity for the brakes is probably because you have checked to reverse the brake axises and for that reason the sensitivity in face becomes the nullzone and vice versa...? Anyways I tried this after having LOTS of problem for a LONG time with my CH pedals as far as brakes go where the main problem has always been that I can hardly even put my feet on the pedals (without applying any brake pressure) but still FS thinks I pressed the brakes and off the parking brake go... Tried what was suggested here and it did work but I found that I needed to turn the sensitivity way down so then I decided to try assigning my brake axises using FSUIPC instead (have read about this many times but never bothered to try it) and FINALLY I can put my feet on the pedals without having the parking brake release until I actually press the pedals. What I found looking in the calibration and axis assignment tabs in FSUIPC was that it seems my pedals never actually return fully to "no brakes applied" looking at the values produced by the axises when you move the pedals and I guess this is simply because my pedals are many years old by now so I guess one can't expect them to be 100% perfect anymore. Solved this by setting new minimum values for the brake axises in FSUIPC so FS is "tricked" to belive my brake pedals are all the way up even though the axis values are not. Maybe this can help someone else with the same kind of problems, however I belive you need the registered version of FSUIPC to be able to adjust the controllers this way.
Hi Richard,Are you able to post a screen shot or even your FSUIPC settings for your pedals ? I have the same issue with my CH pedals. Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi all, Nice to hear from Dan Downs in this post, where have you been hiding Dan. richard welsh.