Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Yeah... We aren't quite finished yet...

Hi,Take your time PMDG, I sure do want my pedals to work with your magnificent piece of software!Looking forward to flying Janet routes, too!

Seems like the "5% Null Zone" works for some people. I'll try it now and see if it works for me (Probably won't because my rudders and computer doesn't like me very much)

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Welcome back to kvetching about how PMDG never tells you anything. I'm betting it takes < :30 before someone clubs me for it. Angel.gif
I think PMDG should stop giving us release timelines; they don't seem to be working to well.
0:14 Good prediction.

Kyle Rodgers

I too use Saitek rudder pedals and can report that using the first settings, based on Saitek's support page, I never even knew about this issue until it was brought up here so assume I don't have it. Take your time, we all appreciate your quality products. Reference:http://www.saitek.com/uk/supp/pedalsfsx.html Also:http://www.saitek.com/uk/supp/yokefsx.htmlhttp://www.saitek.com/uk/supp/swtichfsx.html If you own these other products, those pages may help you.

Would someone please explain the value of rudder pedals? I have rudder and brake (not break) control on my CH Eclipse Yoke. Is it a realism thing? Rudder pedals seem kind of silly to me, clogging up floor space where I normally stretch out, but I'm open minded on the idea.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

As a retired Navy submariner (therefore fellow bubblehead), I have to agree.
Wow, what are the odds that there are at least 3 retired submariners on this forum at one time???!!!

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Take your time. I've got those Saitek pedals too :-) Great for aerobatics in a Pitts and stuff like that. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Take your time. I've got those Saitek pedals too :-) Great for aerobatics in a Pitts and stuff like that. Al
And a MUST for Choppers

Hi Robert . . . looking forward to both the SP1 as well as the Baby Boeings. But in the meantime, I'm having a blast exploring the world with the -800/900. It's a great airplane that is the obviously result of patient and thorough product development. So take your time. Thanks for the update.

I think you might be over reacting just a bit, but I do find it a little odd that out of all of the beta-testers that they use, no one had Saitek pedals. Oh well.
Didn´t Robert say this: "None of us on the team own this particular piece of hardware, but we are getting complaints back from the few members of our testing team that the methods we used to improve the autobrake performance have essentially left the saitek users in the cold" How I understood this, is that some of the testing team indeed have this pedal. / Leffe

Didn´t Robert say this: "None of us on the team own this particular piece of hardware, but we are getting complaints back from the few members of our testing team that the methods we used to improve the autobrake performance have essentially left the saitek users in the cold" How I understood this, is that some of the testing team indeed have this pedal. / Leffe
Leffe, I stand corrected, but awe never mind.

NAX669.png

I do find it hard to believe that we have to go several months without the additional 600/700. Yes there are differences, but how much work did you have after 2+yrs of development and months of testing? Regards,
Ken, There are a couple of points here. Firstly, the 600/700 relies on SP1 which has taken a fair bit of time. There are a huge amount of items addressed, well over 150 (and some of those, major issues excluded, are so precise that only an NG driver might even notice the issue existed - the guys want this 737 to be THAT realistic) There are a massive number of reported bugs fixed and many tweaks, all for the better. That took a lot of time to code, it also takes quite a while to retest everything. Then the 600/700 is much more than a simple new external model as you may find with other developers. You will notice significant "under the hood" changes in performance and flight handling to accurately represent those aircraft. They do fly very differently to the 800-900. The 600 in particular flies like a little rocket and can land on a dime! The performance data for the 600 and 700 is a ton of work to keep all variants as realistic as it gets. I think that all of us here should be really happy that this is not a quick visual remodelling but an intricate and accurate representation of the 600/700 variants. Everything flies by the numbers in all of the variants with each having its own custom flight dynamics. I daresay that the guys could have delivered a fancy visual model in a couple of weeks, like so many developers out there, but they wanted to take the time to create an accurate rendition. Believe me, when you have the update in your hands and (if you so wish) the 600/700, all the waiting will be forgotten as they are a real joy to fly! JaneRachel

- Jane Whittaker

If it could be done faster I'm sure they would. These things take time. Relax and be patient. I paid for it as well, but I'm not about to get my panties in a bunch over how long this is taking. It's bloody amazing the team don't throw in the towel after reading some of these demanding, immature and poorly thought out posts.

Would someone please explain the value of rudder pedals?
If you have light winds, using a twister rudder on a stick is not so hard. However if your landing with a heavy crosswind and either doing the Crab and/or Slip maneuvers it can very extremely hard on your wrist. I used to do it this way and could never get it done right and it killed my wrist every time. When I finally got some pedals I was wondering how I was able to fly so many years without them. Now I would never fly without them for any reason. Below are two links to extreme crosswind landings. Try doing this with your twist rudder and then you will highly appreciate the value of having Rudder Pedals. KLM MD-11 Montreal
BAW 747-400 Heathrow