Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Yeah... We aren't quite finished yet...

Without reading all the replies. I haven't got the NGX (soon I will--next week); but I have been using the Saitek pedals, throttle and joytsick(X52) for some time now. It's a mess with FSX. If I remember right from reading here in your forums you have to reverse the values in FSX or something similar. I've had no problems using them on other addons including the J41 which I recently got. Unless you have some sort of custom thing going on with hardware I wouldn't think it would have anything to do your particular piece of NGX software....that's just guessing off the cuff, but I think it might be more FSX than you guys. Can't wait to get the NGX....getting back into simming after a couple of years off...great to see you guys still around!

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I have the saitek rudder pedals and I have never experienced any problems with auto-brake disconnect, they work absolutely perfectly for me,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Again...relax man...................................(pura vida "pure life"), Costa Rican say..............

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Ken, There are a couple of points here. Firstly, the 600/700 relies on SP1 which has taken a fair bit of time. There are a huge amount of items addressed, well over 150 (and some of those, major issues excluded, are so precise that only an NG driver might even notice the issue existed - the guys want this 737 to be THAT realistic) There are a massive number of reported bugs fixed and many tweaks, all for the better. That took a lot of time to code, it also takes quite a while to retest everything. Then the 600/700 is much more than a simple new external model as you may find with other developers. You will notice significant "under the hood" changes in performance and flight handling to accurately represent those aircraft. They do fly very differently to the 800-900. The 600 in particular flies like a little rocket and can land on a dime! The performance data for the 600 and 700 is a ton of work to keep all variants as realistic as it gets. I think that all of us here should be really happy that this is not a quick visual remodelling but an intricate and accurate representation of the 600/700 variants. Everything flies by the numbers in all of the variants with each having its own custom flight dynamics. I daresay that the guys could have delivered a fancy visual model in a couple of weeks, like so many developers out there, but they wanted to take the time to create an accurate rendition. Believe me, when you have the update in your hands and (if you so wish) the 600/700, all the waiting will be forgotten as they are a real joy to fly! JaneRachel
Jane, I assure you that I know far more about the differences between the 6/700 and 8/900 than I led anyone to believe. That is not where my problem lies. My problem is that I believe that at some point it is overkill to keep this thing in the testing phase to "tweak" a few things. I would be willing to bet that the issues they are working on now (minus the rudder peddle deal. I do not have them therefor do not care) are not BIG, ohh the FMC doesn't work. I would be willing to bet that the issues they are working on, while important in the long run, are more along the lines of "the VNAV decent is a smigen off during this rediculous step down arrival into this remote part of a region not many people fly" sort of thing. I appreciate their attention to detail and I know it will be PERFECT at some point, but if it is 99% ready then release it and worry about that 1% after everyone has it. I am sure they will have a few more issues they will need to work on once it is released, so just add it in. I am willing to wait if they say well, the A/T's don't really hold speed at all, and this hydraulic system is not actually working and the FO's screens don't turn on. Those are big issues. I would be surprised and frankly a little concerned if they were dealing with those issues. I think they are small and, while appreciated and needed, I think they could make their customers happy by releasing their 99% ready product. Again, this is my OPINION. I am not starting a flame war with anyone here, nor at PMDG. I expect respectful critisism (if any) , which all of you have done, and I appreciate that. I am not going to whine (because I am not a child) and say I will never buy their products again. That tactic does not work and generally gets everyone wound up. I will wait like everyone else and merely just give some constructive (uninvited) differing opinions from time to time if so needed. CHEERS

People are complaining about having no SP1 or 6/700. They will complain even more if they don't work perfectly! Take your time PMDG!
There is no perfect or bug free software for all but the most trivial programs. With the complexity of a 737 simulation we will experience issues. Its all about finding the right balance. However, I'd agree with not releasing a software with known defects. There will be enough unanticipated stuff coming up once a product is out there with the users. Hence if PMDG still has known issues, let them fix these first.

Dave P. Woycek

I would be willing to bet that the issues they are working on now (minus the rudder peddle deal. I do not have them therefor do not care
There are many people out there like me with Saitek Rudder Pedals and it is a VERY BIG DEAL! I do not want them releasing a service pack only to find out my Pedals are no longer usable. Would rather wait until they fix it first.

Agree! Take your time. My -800/-900 are wroking great using a system built by Jetline Systems. I use Saitek pedals because my CH pedals died after a very faithful 11 years. I had to reverse the left and right toe effects to get them to work realistically. I'm sure other intricacies beyond my hardware knowledge are causing this mystery. Again, don't rush! For those of you having trouble, trust me when I say it will be be worth the wait to use this fantastic aircraft! Luis Linares

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Wow, what are the odds that there are at least 3 retired submariners on this forum at one time???!!!
You're a retired bubblehead too? I think the odds are pretty low that you'd find three of us flying the same airplane at the same time.

Personally, I have no issue with release dates slipping. The release date at least provided us with a reasonable idea that fixes were on the way soon. Better that, than no communication at all, like many companies offer.

Mike Tomkins
Knoxville, TN
Flight Sim user since the subLOGIC / Apple II days

My reply is not about the product, but rather what a Beta test is and should be. That rudder pedals weren't considered as part of the Beta only reinforces my belief that the Beta was more of guys flying around and taking notes rather than truly performing a Beta. Not saying this occurred, but has anyone noticed that the engines still run for an hour after securing all the fuel pumps (I found this out by mistake, but then tested it and found it to be repeatable)? The Beta test of the systems would have found this.
Switching off the fuel pumps won't cause the engines to shut down. It's not a bug. They are boost pumps, not delivery pumps. Nor can PMDG be expected to test the NGX with every combination of available hardware. I don't have Saitek pedals, but posts I've seen indicate the problem can be solved by setting up the pedals correctly. Perhaps PMDG could make their software a little more tolerant to minor brake pedal application. It should take quite a bit of pedal movement to release the parking brake and a defined level of brake pressure to disarm the autobrake. I'm quite relieved PMDG has switched back to "silent running" though perhaps post-release is a bit late for that. Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

I have Saitek rudder pedals, what is the complaint about? Maybe I haven't noiced it, what ever it is?

You're a retired bubblehead too? I think the odds are pretty low that you'd find three of us flying the same airplane at the same time.
Yep, retired in 94. ETCS(SS) nuke. But the more I think about it, this hobby is perfect for people like us who have developed certain technical skills over the years and want to use those skills for fun. I mean, we all looked at a lot of panels for a lot of years, so why not an airplane? BTW, I used my GI bill (the old one) to take flying lessons back in the late '70's. SEL MEL CFI IFR rated Commercial Pilot. I quit flying in "82. The most technical part of the airplanes I flew back then were basic ILS. Sure has changed in 30 years.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Robert can you confirm what issue is? And if really worth spending the time on this, as it appears from the many posts above that it's just a config issue, there are even posts on here with people with issues with other ruder pedals, not just saitek. I have the pedals and land with auto brake on, at around 60kts I depress my rudder pedal brakes, and deactivate the auto brake. So se no issue at all...I have hf4 installed. If this is the only thing holding up the release of the sp, it seems a bit pointless doing so as it seems to be a config issue rather than a specific ngx one, I've seen people have same issues with other aircraft that have an auto brake feature to, where they incorrectly configured their hardware.I think people would much rather see the sp now that fixes some of the bigger issues than auto brake

Robert.... I know the Multicrew addon is not gonna make it into SP1, or atleast I can only assume it won't. But, can you please comment on whether PMDG is still considering development on Multicrew for the NGX in an upcoming SP or maybe just another addon? I remember a few months back, Ryan mentioned that Multicrew is in fact still planned for an SP, but I have not heard anything for a while. JB