Sign in to follow this  
Guest InBetween

Are smaller tire-smoke effects available somewhere?

Hi,I saw some screenies of aircraft touching down, and their tire smoke effect was definetly smaller than the one I can observe on my aircraft.I thought there must be a new effects file that decreases the size of this effect, as my aircraft produce an amount of smoke on touchdown that I would regard as explosion ratger than a bit of burned rubber.If someone knows about a new effect file, please tell me. Thanks.Robert

Hi Robert,Try using fx_tchdwn_s, 1 instead of fx_tchdwnIn the aircraft cfg under [EFFECTS]Regards,Jim Rhoads

Guest InBetween

Greetings,If you want more options than the default touch-downsmoke effect, then you might like the file "Touch.zip"from the Avsim library. It was made for FS2002 but worksin FS2004 as well. It has several touch-down effect filesfor use with smaller planes that include a small tiremarkleft on the runway. The recent add-on afterburner filesfor the Olssen F-16 and the FSD T-38 also have theseeffects inculded...JR