Hi guys ( not been around for a while) I decided to change around my monitor arrangements, having spent a fair bit of cash setting up a triple screen arrangement, I decided I don't like it and have gone back to using my old 28 inch and a secondary screen for opening windows in. I disconnected one of the triple 19 inch monitors and I had the new double monitor set working fine. Today, I decided to swap in the 28 inch monitor, a dell, as the main display. However, now when I fire up the PC, I can see the boot screen and the starting windows logo, and even the mouse pointer, but the screen is blank, no desktop, nothing except the mouse pointer. And now the other (19 inch) monitor says "check signal cable", despite being turned on and connected. Both monitors are connected to the the same video card, I have two GTX 580's in SLi. As I say, set up was working fine before the monitor swap. The dell monitor requires a USB lead, which is plugged in to the PC. I have swapped leads around etc and cant figure out where my desktop is gone, although I feel it could be to do with the desktop setttings, but I have not changed the configuration from how it was before, just substituted a bigger monitor for one. and the display should be detected by windows plug and play. Can anyone help? Thanks, mark

You can try booting with just one monitor and I would boot with the main 19" and cable that worked previously. If it does not work try this monitor on all different DVI ports on both cards, this assumes you were using DVI ports, if not then try it on whatever ports your were using, but do in on both GPU's. If that works add the second 19" and cable that previously worked. If that works then try the 28" alone. If that does not work then try a different cable, if that does not work try the 28" monitor and cable on a different PC. If the 28" works make sure that it is set as your default monitor before you add a second one. Also make sure that you install any monitor drivers that came with it before you add a second monitor.

Hi thanks, Idaho, I have done as you suggested and got them so work kind of as required. One problem remains however, the big dell will not display at 2560 x 1600, without the screen being really distorted,. By this I mean that the fonts are pretty much impossible to read, the picture seems ok, but a little jaggy. it works fine at 1900 x 1200 and I have changed the drivers to the latest Nvidia certified versions. Cheers, Mark