Sign in to follow this  
etheris

A geninune question of FSX vs FS9 in terms of flight dynamics

I'm not trying to start a "flame war". Looks like there is some sort of unspoken but implicit self-censorship around here.. I am unaccustomed to these idiosyncrasies and the particulars of social norms within this community when it pertains to these sorts of things... I did not expect such a strong reaction or sensitivity to what amounts to me to be a valid compare/contrast... I had originally posted this in the FS9 forum but quickly people pounced on this accusing and alleging that I am intending to start a flame war... I posted this initially in the FS9 forum as opposed to the FSX forum for the precise reason of not wishing to offend any FSX folks and appealing more towards people who had many same opinion or inclinations on FS9. It seems like people who accuse others are more guilty themselves of the actual accusationsThis is not the case. I am really trying to discuss flight dynamics in terms of FS9 vs FSX and possibly in the future FLIGHT 2012.Even if this tread becomes locked, if anyone wishes to discuss this privately please PM me. I could care less about starting "flame wars" and really wished to discuss flight dynamics limitations in both FS9/FSX/ and the future FLIGHT 2012 and how they relate to each other and what impact it will have on third party addonHere is the original post: http://forum.avsim.n...istic-than-fsx/In case it is deleted/removed I have copy/pasted the below:In terms of flight dynamics... I have both FS9 and FSX, and I seldom fly the "stock/default" planes. I also have PMDG 744 for both version. Recently I was playing around with both of them back and forth (some other unrelated test I was doing) and realized the flight dynamics is in many way more "realistic" in FS9 compared to FSX. This seemed to be true in both the stock and payware addons. It is hard to exactly quantify but definitely there is a significant different to the way a stock/default Cessna flies in FSX compared to FS9. In terms of not only aerodynamics up in the air but also motion on the ground. The PMDG 747 for FS9 also flies more realistic than the FSX version and it almost seems like the FSX version is more fake/ watered down/ archade-ish.... I remember reading some articles/forums on here a while back when PMDG admitted that for their FS9 747 port to FSX that the 747 FSX flight dynamics had to get significantly tweaked to become "real" again compared to the FS9 version, but when I did a forum search nothing came up so I can't reference that article... Does anyone else realize this or has everyone just forgotten FS9 already?Will this trend continue into Flight 2012? What if eventually for business reasons PMDG is compelled to switch over to the FLIGHT 2012 platform and all the addons just become faker and faker in terms of actual flight dynamics and realism? Could the handicapps and flight dynamics limitations of FSX be the reason the PMDG737NGX has such a messed up flight dynamics on landing and approach? Maybe the 737NG (new) would be more real had it been coded in FS9?Also in terms of graphics... FS9 has a sort of ambiance about it that is lost in FSX. For some reason the graphics on FSX seem more "glossy" (for lack of better word) and eye-candy (in a bad way... not as in Crysis wow sort of eye-candy) and "fake"... And truth be told, on all but the absolute best hardware, the graphics in FSX actually turns out WORSE than FS9 because FSX was coded so inefficiently that you would have to suffer worse framerates and still have to turn the graphics down so much that you are better off just playing with FS9. FSX was coded for high GHz CPU that never came... instead it went the way of multi-core, parallel processors, GPU, 64bit, etc... and FSX cannot take advantage of any of this.

[alert] You've posted what is essentially the same thread three times now. Can you give it a rest? [/alert] Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I feel the FDE's are about the same in terms of what developers can do. Now you they start working outside of the SDK, developers can do some interesting things not possible in 9.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just posted something awaiting for replies or even PMs but it gets immediately locked down under the blanket umbrella of "flame war" and never sees the light of day.
The lock is nothing to do with the subject, although the subject itself has in fact been discussed many times, it's the fact that you've hammered out the same thread in multiple locations throughout the forum, which is spamming, and that will get your threads deleted and alerts going off to the moderators. There are also a number of innaccuracies on your post which don't help matters either, such as referring to the PMDG FSX 747 as a port from FS9, which it is not. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks Alan.I can't understand why people waste their/our time writing posts, knowing that they will be closed.That's above my very average understanding.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.