Sign in to follow this  
Cee-Jaay

Help, getting 'Black screen' with FSX Dialogs & Menus

Hi there, I'm getting problems with the NGX. I haven't had any CTDs but if I call up an FSX menu or an FSX dialog box - when I close it, the screen will either go completely Black or ALL the aircraft textures disappear. I tried the fix mentioned somewhere of using a 32bit vista window display dll, but that hasn't helped. I'd massively appreciate so help here coz at the moment I can't get more than 10 minutes into any flight. cheers,Chris. PS. If I end the flight the "Rotating Aircraft" frame in the "Create a Flight" window is also black.

Have you tried to put a copy of the UIAutomationCore.dll in the FSX Root folder?I guess it has to be version 6.0.5840.16386 (32-bit)Try this also:[GRAPHICS]ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1 (also try to change this value to "0")/ Leffe

Hi Leffe, thanks for the suggestions there. I tried the dll in fsx root, but it didn't seem to fix it.I'll try updating those cfg settings you mention - hopefully it will make a difference.Cheers,Chris.

Try this, this works for me:Press control alt delete to bring up the Windows screen, then hit cancel. This usually snaps my picture back.

Chris Hicks

Hi there folks,I applied the ForceFullScreenVSync setting, but am still getting these display blackouts.I can invoke the issue by pressing Alt-enter to switch between full screen and window modes. After about 3 changes the visuals start to go:This includes the top menu bar disappears, the sky goes black, all the VC textures disappear, the ground texture blurs & freezes. Then on the next change the screen goes full black and switching between modes doesn't bring it back.So still a problem here unfortunately.cheers,Chris.

Hi, I met the same issue. For instance, while flying, if I decide to open the map in the top menu and I come back or If i decide to accelerate x16 and I come back to a normal speed, FSX does reload normally but, a part of the whole texture (depending on how much I do that) disappears and all the screen is coming black. I cannot do anything. If I end the flight in the main menu the aircraft screen is BLACK.Sorry for my english...Please help.PDMG is BAD optimized?My SPECS : i5 760 3.1 Ghz, GTX 560 TI, 8GB Ram, W7 ultimate 64 bits

Hi, I met the same issue. For instance, while flying, if I decide to open the map in the top menu and I come back or If i decide to accelerate x16 and I come back to a normal speed, FSX does reload normally but, a part of the whole texture (depending on how much I do that) disappears and all the screen is coming black. I cannot do anything. If I end the flight in the main menu the aircraft screen is BLACK.Sorry for my english...Please help.PDMG is BAD optimized?My SPECS : i5 760 3.1 Ghz, GTX 560 TI, 8GB Ram, W7 ultimate 64 bits
Have you tried what I wrote in my post further up?Also who is PDMG?.......LOL.gif / Leffe

Guest firehawk44

What OS do you have installed? 32 bit or 64 bit? If 32 bit, you need to install the /3GB switch for your OS. Also, make sure dotnet is up-to-date (it includes the latest version of aiautomationcore.dll). Make sure you have installed MS Visuals from 2005 to 2010. These are used for installing products to your system (as I recall, one of the MSV's was installed during the PMDG NGX installation).Best regards,Jim

Instead of tweaking your cfg yourself.Run Bojote´s tweaking and optimization for cfg instead.It will include Highmemfix, Vsync, and lot´s of other thing you may need, such as Affinity Mask (according to your processor)It´can be found here: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html/ Leffe

Have you tried what I wrote in my post further up?Also who is PDMG?.......LOL.gif Sorry I mean PMDG. i will try it by night and will let you know. TKS! / Leffe
Have you tried what I wrote in my post further up?Also who is PDMG?.......LOL.gif / Leffe
I have already put UIAutomationCore.dll before. I think the problem is coming from my CFG. I will try your solutions.

Hi there! Try using FSX in window mode not in full screen. For me works. Peace.gif
fyi- window mode will lower your framerate

I found the solution. I only need to try it now with FS passenger so to confirm that this is running well :You have to insert this after GRAPHICS :[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647