Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Aircraft with G1000 Avionics?

Hey, I'm wondering if there are any payware/freeware aircraft out there for FS9 that feature the G1000 avionics? If so, how would you rate them? Thanks, Dan

The included G1000 is based on the default GPS. Not exactly what you are looking for when you are interested in the G1000. It's just the same old stuff with a new graphic touch. But at least you could purchase Mindstar's G1000 separately. Apparently implementation works pretty well. If you are looking for a "real" G1000 you will be disappointed with the "out-of-the-box" DA42. I haven't tried Mindstar's solution, though.On my system framerates were significantly worse than PMDG's 747, MD11, even worse than iFly's 737. That was the reason why I gave up flying the DA42, although it's amazing when it comes to the flight dynamics.

Actually our G1000 uses the FS GPS System as it's basis internally but the similarities to defaultt stop there.A quick comparison of the real DA42 Twin Engine Version reveals remarkable similarities to the Eaglesoft Version.All potential FS G1000 purchasers should know that they may purchase a custom version based on default FS GPS System or custom coded such as Mindstar or Flight One have built.In no case will one find a "Full Boat" FS G1000 for use at FS Entertainment Level Pricing. Especially one which contains fidelity to specific aircraft such as a DA42 Twinstar.Sounds like you might have benefited by trying the Mindstar Implimentation.cool.png

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png