Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Sync between IvAp and NGX transponder

I've been happy that the sync between the IvAp and the NGX transponder have been working for the last couple of weeks. Now all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore, when I change modes in the NGX it's not reflected in IvAp.The only thing I can think of I changed since it was last working was to update FSUIPC to the latest version, anyone else experienced this after updating FSUIPC?

Richard Åsberg

have you installed any Visual Basic C++ Version, which comes with any add-on or program?

Nope, the only thing I installed since it was working is the latest version of FSUIPC but by that I'm not saying that is the culprit...was just a thought since I can't think of anything else that changed.

Richard Åsberg

Very strange... but you know, that it is only working, if you are connected to the network! Maybe you tested it without connecting?Which FSUIPC Version do you have exactly? Latest available on homepage is 4.4.70b, latest version available in the FSUIPC forum is 4.743 (I have this one and the transponder mode is syncing).

I believe I also have the 4.743 version and yes I was connected :( because I discovered the problem once I was already up in the air and noticed my IvAp transponder was still in standby although my NGX transponder was set to TA/RA.Will do another test today when I get home, very strange because this has been working just fine until now...

Richard Åsberg

Just tried it again and all of a sudden it works again so guess something must have went wrong yesterday or maybe I did something wrong myself without realising it although I can't think of what I could have been.Anyways, now that it's working I'm happy again :( Now back to the usual problem...finding some free time for actually flying :(

Richard Åsberg

It's strange but to me it didn't never work... someone could explain me why??Nicola Di Martino

Wish I could but I have no idea what it is that make it work or not...maybe it has something to do with what versions of NGX and FSUIPC you're running, I'm using the latest version of FSUIPC 4.743 if my memory serves and I'm running the NGX with HF4 installed.Another thing is I have the FSUIPC option under 3rd party tools in IvAp config checked, not sure if it's of importance though.I guess a mix of IvAp, FSUIPC and NGX developers would best explain to us how all this actually works or why it doesn't like in your case.

Richard Åsberg

Another thing is I have the FSUIPC option under 3rd party tools in IvAp config checked, not sure if it's of importance though.
This was the matter.... thx you so much...

This was the matter.... thx you so much...
Ok, that's great! Then we know what might be the cause for those that still have this problem.

Richard Åsberg

Does this solve the issue of IvAp disconnects???You will be a popular guy if you have found the "Holy grail"

Does this solve the issue of IvAp disconnects???You will be a popular guy if you have found the "Holy grail"
Can't say, I've been lucky enough not having any connection problems except for when there were problems with IVAO's servers but for those who do have such problems it's worth a try.

Richard Åsberg

in my case, if i don't use IVAP as external (not found the way to switch transonder with external use of IVAP) if IVAO disconnect, then the sim crash!You don't have this problem?To prevent crash i always fly with external IVAP

After having lots of problems with IvAp in the past, mostly with FSX freezing for a couple if minutes I now run IvAp in a multi-PC setup with FSX running fullscreen on my main computer starting internal IvAp with all IvAp modules except the user interface which I'm running on a second Netbook PC.This has so far worked very well so I highly recommend it to anyone with a second PC available.

Richard Åsberg